Washing windows with Cascade

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

My daughter's in-laws told her they'd used Cascade in a power washer to clean their outside windows. I decided to try it on my large kitchen window Friday. I put a couple of Tbsps of dishwasher detergent in a spray bottle and squirted it on the entire window. Then I used the hose to spray it off. I was amazed at the difference! I proceeded to clean all the downstairs windows....including the ones that have security screens that are screwed on. I just sprayed through the screens and then rinsed off. It took me less than 20 minutes to do all those windows. I emailed a few friends to try it this weekend. I'm now getting back replies of how great their windows look. Sooooo...I decided I'd better share it with DGers.......
As an aside...I was a skeptic when I started, so I used some other brand of dishwasher detergent from Costco. It worked just as well. I plan to use a garden sprayer now to reach the upstairs windows.....and I'll switch to Cascade to see if there's any difference.

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!