Here is one of my two babies.

Beck

Thumbnail by rwmedic
Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Here is one the other baby.

Beck

Thumbnail by rwmedic
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

wow i love them all! i love the swiss cheese one and prince of orange!

kelly

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, you guys have a lot of philos. I did not even know that there were so many. I will have to start a collection of my own. I did finally get the Prince of Orange that I have wanted for so long. Now I want the Pink Princess. Thanks to all of you for sharing.

Jesse

Sanford, FL

Hi begoniacrazii,

your Philo 'Iquitos Blue' is misidentified. It's actually a small variety of Epipremnum pinnatum called 'Cebu Blue' (or 'Blue Cebu'). It's also been misidentified a lot as a Monstera. If it's in climbing mode, leaves will reach a bit over a foot long, and will develop a few splits in the edges. If you look along the midrib of the leaf, you might see some tiny pinholes. This is typical of Epipremnum pinnatum, altho in this species there are many more pinholes in the leaves, which get to over 2 ft long and the entire leaf has splits almost to the midrib.

Russ

Sanford, FL

snboyken, I know your 'Blue?' Philodendron as the species P. glaucophyllum. But there
seems to be some controversy that this may not be it's true name. There's been some
talk that it is hastatum, but I believe it's not that species. Perhaps it could be a variety of
hastatum. There is a 'Silver Sword' Philo being discussed along with glaucophyllum, some think it's a separate plant, but it may simply be the mature stage form of glaucophyllum. Anyone knowing for certain whether this is true or not, I'd appreciate some feedback here or to chammer@cfl.rr.com.

Always interested in trading for a Philo, Monstera, Aglaonema or Syngonium I don't have.
Russ
central Fla

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

It was bought as glaucophyllum, I just couldn't remember the name. Thanks for your help. What are you intersted in trading.

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Be still my foolish heart! Viewing these pics has been a rather exquisite treat tonight. I especially love the iquitos blue' and 'silver queen', posted by Lali. ****Thanks***** to a certain someone on this thread, I've been introduced to 'Painted Lady' and 'Mexicanum'. The 'Painted Lady' has really taken off this year- 3-4 new leaves. The 'Mexicanum' is a bit stubborn, though. LOL Nothing new, I'm afraid.

Oh, hold on.....Russ has identified the 'Iquitos Blue' as actually being an epipremnum. That's very cool..... Just when I thought there was only Aureum(sp). :)

Isn't the Swiss Cheese Philo now classified as Monstera, rather than Philodendron? Monstera frederichstahlii(sp?)

GH(always interested in talking about Philos!)

More pics, guys.

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Char,
Pic #1 is Prince of Orange
Pic #2 looks very Alocasia-ish to me.
Pic #3 and #5 look like the same plant to me: Golden Pothos

They're all quite nice, too!

Snboyken- Your 'Mamei' is JUST darling. Tell me, did you make the moss pole yourself or did you buy it? I'm not adept at making such things(I keep telling myself), but I really NEED a few of them. I have a Monstera Deliciosa that's wondering about and a Philo Brasil and Philo Micans that're hanging about. LOL They both need moss poles, badly. I think you can buy them online at Mosser Lee or some such place. Darn it, I can't remember the place now.

I have a dilemna with my Pink Princess. It's got to be at least 3 feet tall now. I don't know if I should prune it or just let it keep growing upwards like this. It's too heavy to just let it hang, without the stem snapping. It looks pretty cool trained up my bedroom wall, but I get tired of looking at it that way. Do the climbing philos need moss poles too? The stem is woody, so it doesn't seem right to me that it would need a moss pole. Russ???

GH

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

The moss pole came with both the swiss cheese and the Brasil came with them. And see Swiss cheese is technically a monstera such is Spilt Leaf. I kinda lump them together my self.

Would love the see pic of the 3 foot pink princess. I killed one earlier this year, and DGer just recently sent me another start of it. Trying hard to get it grow, I think I may have drowned my other one.

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

Picked up a few new philos over the last few weeks. here's 'Silver Streaker'

Thumbnail by begoniacrazii

Here's a close up of the leaf

I found this one down in Santa Barbara when I went to a begonia show and sale. Any ideas of who it is?

Here's it's stems. Very hairy!

Brownsville, KY(Zone 6a)

Lali,
It looks like P. squamiferum. Here is a link to some good pictures of philos:

http://www.southerntropicals.com/galleries/Philodendron/pages/Philodendron%20squamiferum%20HB%2010''_jpg.htm

Thanks! that could be it. I think I'll cross post to the Aroid forum.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Nice Begonia, never find any like that around here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.