Weight Loss Challange Aug. 12 - 19

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Another hot dry week has gone past us. At least here is was hot and dry. I think Tricia mentioned having enough rain to be able to share. We've all had our good days and bad days and ups and downs but are making progress with our challanges. Kim reports they are back on track, Vic is active as usual, Anna is busy in the fields chopping hay or something for the cattle to eat this winter, 1O1 and Nebraska Jewel have joined us, Tricia and Debbie are doing better healthwise and eating too, Sandra's life is taking on new challanges, and Pebble has her family totally baffled with her hair color change. Did I miss anyone or something? Sorry if I did.

The scales said 134# a couple days ago. I didn't weigh this morning. We ate a really nice breakfast this morning I sauted some onions and tomatoes, then scrambled some eggs & added them. At the end a smiggon of sharp Cheddar cheese went in, some turkey bacon and homemade zuchinni muffins went into the microwave and were heated. Now we are both full to the gills. That doesn't take much anymore. I didn't get up during the night to eat that I know of. I ate the lefteover veggies just before taking the pills.

It's nice and cool here this morning .What a lovely break in these temps. There was even fog early this morning. Jack said that means the air is cooler than the ground. That wouldn't take much. LOL

As soon as my feel good meds kick in I think I will go over to the cafe' and work on the remaining end of the perennial bed that is in such terrible condition. If I can at least get the big weekds removed. There is also a very tall hollyhock right out in front that really bothers me. I am going to cut the now bloomless stalk down. Next year I may not let it grow there at all. But this isn't the kind of weather to do transplanting.

I did finally get some tulip bulbs I brought home from PG a couple or more months ago into aqua baskets and planted in a hole in the ground this morning. I had to empty the fly trap again and while I was digging the hole in a flower bed the idea came to me that if I just make it a little bit bigger I could finally get some of those bulbs planted. I had a good supply of bone meal, potash, phosphate, and rabbit droppings to add to the soil so in they went. Now for some rain. Since I hadn't eaten breakfast before I did all that I had a low blood sugar spell rapidly coming on...... that meant I had to fix something substantial quickly. Hence our nice big breakfast.

I need to get moving. GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 39 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!