Rain!!!! Oh isn't it wonderful!!

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 9a)

Yes...we are finally getting some of the lovely liquid sunshine that has alluded us for what....2 months..at least.

I got up this morning and went out and played in it. I couldn't help myself. It has been so long since I'd seen any of the real wet stuff. It is just so beautiful!!!

Dee :) :) :)

SE Arky, United States(Zone 8a)

It's only been a little over a month since we've had rain; however, it seemed like five years. It's been raining today since about 4:30am. We are blessed.

Acton, TN(Zone 7a)

No watering for a week, WooHOO! I measured a total of 1.7" in the rain guage. I figure the vegie garden needs about an 1" a week and is been a month since we had a good rain. Need to weed while the ground soft and start planting the fall vegetables (peas, lettuce, carrots, cabbage, kholrabi, brocolli & cauliflower). Such a relief and cooler too.

Picture of Romano & Asparagus Beans with Fig in background.

Thumbnail by jozeeben
Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Good for y'all! We got some rain Thursday night into yesterday - it's a good thing, for sure!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I think I'm going to patrol the neighborhood looking for small children singing, "Rain, rain, go away, come again another day!" I must stop them!
I'm in a valley and the rain keeps stopping on the other side of the hill. Rats.

Philadelphia, MS(Zone 7b)

I'm with you, Deb. Its bad when you are in such need of rain that you get cranky with folks. We were on an errand in Louisville, MS yesterday and I remarked to a lady about how cloudy it was and sure was hoping those clouds would give up some rain for us. She frowned and said, the rain made her arthritis act up and was just as pleased if it didn't rain at all! I wanted to crawl over the counter. Instead, I politely said "are you sure you wouldn't rather tolerate the pain rather than have the earth scorch" Well, maybe it wasn't actually that polite.
Dekalb, MS still hasn't seen a drop. My friend there heard them say on the evening weather that they were getting rain...she started to call the station and ask them to drive up and see for themselves just how dry they were but was afraid she would get ugly (she is a sweet dear but the drought is making her cranky too) Her lawn sounds crunchy when you walk over it.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

The woman to whom you were talking surely is out of touch with reality: Farmers need to pay their mortgage, banks need those payments to lend to builders who pay workers, who buy food and clothing, from the people who own or work in those businesses. Sunshine and rain feed the world.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

and for everything else, there's MasterCard...
;-)

Philadelphia, MS(Zone 7b)

Weather channel said something about the "soggy south" yesterday. I know lots of folks are getting rain, but none here and none in Dekalb! Drove through there yesterday to pick up AIL for the bridal shower. It was a sad, sad sight. Yard after yard brown. Old shrubery(sp) and trees wilted. Got to her yard and her impatiens in pots are blooming a beautiful and her mandevillas are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! She said she uses gallons of water a day just to keep those few things alive.

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

None in Olive Branch MS today! The rain we got last week was so wonderful. My flowers are blooming again. Good luck, got my fingers crossed for y'all to get rain!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.