Interesting place I visited yesterday

On the banks of the , VA(Zone 7a)

http://www.vaequine.com/

We have a horse that belongs to a client. They bought it previous to coming to us.

We got him in about a week ago and the poor thing is just so broken we didn't even know where to start. It's hard to see cause we've known of the horse before, he's quite a good jr eq horse and he's been around. He never looked this bad.

His feet were a disaster so the first step was corrective shoeing.....the first of many, many months of corrective shoeing still to come.

We took him to Virginia Equine Imagining and got the works. Most interesting was the nuclear scintigraphy. We ended up shockwaving him, and injecting his hocks and his coffin joints. That was as much as we could do, without od-ing him on the steroids, although I am pretty sure we're going to have to go back to do his right stifle. We'll see how he does with this lot. I expect they will put him on Adequan and Legend after the 14 days.

Anyway, it's an informative website and if you don't have anything better to do, have a peek.

I'm off to throw dinner hay.

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!