Japanese Beetles Newspaper Article

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

I dunno, the link is kind of iffy, and it didn't show the pictures with the article. There were photos of a few blocks of linden trees whose every leaf has been skeletonized. There was also a picture of gallons of J. beetles from traps. I notice the beetles have it in for sassafrass trees especially.
Oh well

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

The link's fine! I sure don't need any pics of the skeletonized leaves anyway, as all I have to do is look outside. I have a friend who rigs up trash bags under his traps, as they're filling far too quickly otherwise.

Collegeville, PA

Thanks, Claypa, for the link. I didn't realize that fertilizing the grass affected beetle population. I live in Collegeville (only a few miles from Claypa for the rest of you :) ), and I've had a hard time with them again this year. I can't do anything about the Yoshino cherry trees they seem to love so much, too high to reach. The sevin is keeping them off the roses (there are 80 rose bushes around the concrete pond), but they look awful with that powdery white blanket. Fortunately, there are only a few on the green beans and basil. I get my revenge every night when I come home from work and squish the buggers to death! I actually think this year is better than last, but it could be because I didn't put up any traps.

~kimberly

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

That's ironic, Japanese beetle, Japanese cherry.... maybe it's like home cookin' ...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.