bugs??

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 8a)

Thought I would post these pics here too to see if I can get any hits....these little guys are all ove my squash leaves...Seems the fruit dies from the flower in once it starts to produce. The ones growing on the fence are doing great.

Thumbnail by somermoone
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 8a)

someone identified them as aphids...I didn't know aphids liked veggies...that's how new to this I am:)

aphids like everything!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I used to grow green beans just to keep the black aphids off my dahlias. Bean stems were like magnets for them. A good squirt from the hose or sprayer might knock them off- they are an easy pest to control.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 8a)

I'm going to try and move my mint container over there...

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

There are many kinds of aphids. And I know there are black ones. I have only seen the green ones. But, they sure could be.

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8b)

These look like the dreaded black aphids that show up every year at this time on my impatiens glandulifera (thanks for eating these - just a few more I won't have to pull) and my tropaoleum tuberosum (I'm NOT amused)

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Karen aphids are easy to defeat early on I use the water hose and give the plant a good hosing with a concentrated spray to knock them off then I spray with a garden sprayer with a couple of spoons of dish soap in a pump up garden sprayer.

I find in many cases these things congregate on plants that are stressed and not growing right in the first place. This is not allways true because some plants just attract them more than others.

In the winter they will attack the hanging baskets in the gh and allways get the ones that are in an area of compromised air flow. When this happens I have to take them all out and hose and spray them and get them back in before they freeze. Keeping the gh warmer helps them surface this year its going to be 45 or lower till Feb for me not 55 anymore. Ernie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.