Data Recovery question

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I had a bigtime power surge this morning that wiped out the hard drive on my brand new Gateway. My scrawny little surge protector couldn't handle it. Thankfully the new computer is under warranty and I can send the tower to Gateway for replacement. The problem is that I haven't done any backup since Christmas. I lost the last 7 months worth of new pictures and files and documents. Look up Vicki in the dictionary and you will find the definition of IDIOT.
Gateway does not do recovery. Geek Squad doesn't do recovery. EES Data Recovery was recommended by the Gateway Tech but they charge $700-$1700 to recover anything.
So my question is ... Does anyone know of a company that does recovery for a more reasonable price?
Did I mention that I'm an idiot? I feel like a big ignorant lazy stupid jerk for not backing up and for not having a better surge protector. I guess I've learned a hard lesson ... ugh! ... sniff
... vicki

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!