Its Tuesday, August 8, 2006 - Too pooped to pop!

Philadelphia, MS(Zone 7b)

Good morning folks! Another day on the funny farm. Hauled a little more mulch this A.M. I guess most women go through the day smelling of sweet perfume. This morning I'm all sweat and insect repellant! And isn't that little V-shaped sweat thing we have on our T-shirts wonderful! I swear I never intentionally look like I've entered a wet T-shirt contest - oh well!
Judy, its sounds like you had a really good day Sunday. Eating out and buying plants - what could be better. I love the pics you include of your bullies. If I weren't so attached to my dachsunds, I'd really be tempted. I always think yours look like Winston Churchill! Never thought he was cute, but your puppies are adorable and we can all tell how much you love them.
Jozeeben, that was a neat pic. You look like a young man from my earlier years - you know, the flower child era....oops flash back.
All of you stay so busy. Maybe that's the reason your places look so good. I'm about to do a little more and then find a cool place to put up my feet. Speaking of which...was browsing the "accessible garden" forum yesterday and found a pic of a "garden scoot" that I really really really want. I think it would make things easier. Showed it to my DH last night and he started talking about how he could probably BUILD one and add a motor! ( If I could write out that sound that the Tool Man used it would go here! Arg, arg, arg, arg, arg) My sweet DH is a redneck to the bone and all man! I may never see my little scoot unless I save up the pennies myself. You wouldn't believe all of the "stuff" he has behind his shop that he is going to finish one day (a go cart for the kids - an old riding mower for me - so forth and so on) He means well. I told him I didn't need a motor. That I LIKED the peace and quite when I was working in the flower beds! He said, "but you could do wheelies on it!" That boy ain't right!!!!!

Thumbnail by msfarmergirl

That pic is of a canna planted behind the fish pond. It finally decided to bloom. This pic is of some large cannas, also planted by the pond that have NEVER bloomed but I like their foliage. Right now, they are riddled with leaf miners. Does anyone know of anything I can spray that won't harm my fish?

Thumbnail by msfarmergirl
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

MFG,

Beautiful cannas!! Sorry I can't help you with the insect problem.

One of this group needs to win the lottery and be generous to the rest of us... so we could build some greenhouses, get you a scooter, pay $100 for each of us a Daylily fan, oops I would have to decline on that, my stray dogs that came to stay would, sooner or later, decide that flower bed looked like a good place to dig them out a hole to lay in as they watched for rabbits, squirrels or deer. At least they keep those critters at bay.

This morning I watered all the plants and upon close inspection, I was disgusted with the insect damage. Bob will have to spray with insecticide again. We're off to pick up the 1986 Volvo from the mechanics shop, new struts. They called last Thursday to say it was ready but I forgot!!

Thanks for opening the thread.

Judy

Starkville, MS

deleted for personal reasons

ginni

This message was edited Aug 8, 2006 2:58 PM

ginni,
can you tell us what happened. I didn't realize that either. D-mail me, if you would so I'll understand. I'm not sure how this should effect what I say. It feels like we are among friends and hope no-one could misuse what we say here. Should I be more careful?
Deb R

Starkville, MS

NOTHING BAD HAS HAPPENED TO ME.
I'm sorry if I have caused anyone to worry about anything. I'm thru 'sangin' now!
ginni

This message was edited Aug 8, 2006 3:00 PM

That's one of the reasons I don't post here much. I love reading what everyone is into, but don't feel comfortable posting a lot where anyone with internet access can read every word I say. Anyone can see what is posted on this board, even if they're not a paying subscriber.
I logged out of DG, did a Google search for the first sentence of the first post in the "Getting to Know You" thread on this board, and the entire thread came right up. I think I'll go see what I posted there and possibly edit it.
It's nothing personal to anyone on this forum that I don't post here more. I wish I felt like I could...

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Hello All,

I'm all over the internet multiple links on "JudyCooksey" both here and with my website. Any nut could look up my telephone, address etc in the telephone book. I've been very open both here and on my website which I have had since 1999 and have only had one problem. I firmly believe it was an Invasive Plant person with whom I butted heads in an attempting to get them to understand that rudeness, no matter how loud they scream, will not persuade a person to go out and dig up a plant they love, but offering valid information for the person to consider just may meet the objective.

In that case they were sending me rude messages through my website and told me they knew where I lived. I answered, telling them to come ahead on. I had a gun I wasn't afraid to use and a rescued psycho bulldog/hound dog mix who loved his “mama”. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/563074/ Never heard from them again!! Maybe they read that thread. I open this thread which tells all about Big Red here on the Mid-South Gardening Forum, so those of you who are not subscribers could read all about him. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/636890/

You all use a “username” therefore you are “unknown” unless you wish otherwise , so there shouldn’t be any problem whatsoever. If you want the freedom to say whatever but want to protect yourself, don't put your name and address in the Address Exchange.

When I become afraid to live, it is time for me to die.

Judy

This message was edited Aug 8, 2006 5:20 PM

Ripley, MS

Good Post Judy, Todays society is all techny smart and I am sure there are a lot of people who have been hurt from other peoples misdeeds. I am slcdms where ever I go too, too much to try to remember more than one name, heck if it wasn't my initials I could not remember it either.
It is not just the internet, there are "nuts" everywhere you look. There was a robbery not too long ago in a nearby town that a lady was acting like her car would not crank ( on the Wal-Mart parking lot) and another lady picked her up to try to help. She pulled a gun on her and had her drive to the ATM and withdraw all her money and then made her take her back to her car and left. Well I am with Judy, try to use common sense but don't be afraid to enjoy life. I enjoy my pc very much, especially when I can't get outside a lot.
Sandra

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Am I the only one who encounters unusual situations whenever they go anywhere.

We went to the bank to withdraw money to pay the mechanic who worked on my old Volvo. A couple of blocks down the road there is a thrift store where I stop ever so often because I'm a junkie but especially for toys for the pups. The owner is extremely ill so her 16 year old son is basically running the place now. As I was coming in he was going out the door to set some merchandise on the sidewalk for display.

In just a moment he reappeared and said, will you get that book and knock this wasp off me, he's already stung me once. It was clinging to the bottom of his armhole where he couldn't get to it. So I pick up the first book I could find and whopped that big ole yellow wasp really hard, knocking him to the floor.

I suggested to the young man that he go next door and get some salt to put on whelp, but he was in pain and just kind of pacing. I ran out to the van asked Bob if we had any water, there was a dab in the bottom of a bottle. Then I ran to the convenience store next door, grabbed a packed of salt and gave an explanation as I ran out the door. The sting was red and ugly, I poured the water into his hand because I couldn't get to the sting, the young man rubbed it on, then I poured the salt in his hand and told him in my most motherly voice to just dab on the salt so it would stay. The young man was still in a great deal of pain .... only a few minutes had passed before he said, you were right it doesn't hurt anymore.

One good deed down, time to move on......

Judy

This message was edited Aug 8, 2006 11:02 PM

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Judy...I would love to have you for a neighbor. You always know the right thing to do in a bad situation. Fire Ants, Wasp, what next girl? Keep up the good works.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I have had along day today, I feel really drained, it's back up to l00 again and no rain in sight . It really bums a person out, I have fresh baby buds on so many brugmansia I Hope and pray they dont fall off from the heat wave, so many are very new and I realy wanted to see flowers this year.

I spent all morning running around town today, I went to this dairy and bought some close to organic cheese and eggs and usda approved gruond chuch that has no hormones and antibiotics in it, spent 95.00 today on all that. Got enough Ground chuck for a while though. Stuff is good!!!!!!!!

Been really lazy today, didnt do much but water the plants in the greenhouse and yard, and went out this evening and watered some in the ground.

I"m done for the day.

Ya'll have a great night

kathy

Acton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi all - been too busy to post. Picked a mess of green beans when I got home from work and watered, watered, watered. I'm still fighting squash bugs and cuke beetles but they haven't overwelmed the cucurbits yet. The full moon rising was quite a sight, eh?

MSG, thanks for the compliment but I was there for most of the flower power -- I went to the World's fair in Seattle, 1962 (in vitro). So that makes me the tail end of the baby boomers! My formative years were the Era of Bad taste (70's) which I didn't think could be any worse but this new generation is even more tasteless and self absorbed!

The 60's live on in flashback's and kickback's. With everyone shaving their heads I decided to grow mine long. My mother hates it which makes my DW like it that much more!

Judy - I'm for winning the lotto but no one around here sells tickets. I have to drive to Eastview. Our new dog was rescued from an abusive owner - got him from the shelter. Really sweet but a little skittish.

KA - the organic stuff sounds great. We've been growing our own . . . see you tomorrow.

Joe

Thumbnail by jozeeben
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I would also stand-up to a 900 gorilla if a kid, animal or old person were at risk... only problem is I'd most likely have a nervous breakdown afterward. lol lol

Judy

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Joe,

Veggies look GREAT!!!

Judy

This message was edited Aug 8, 2006 10:57 PM

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I've only got a minute, haven't read through all the posts. Things are crazy on my end of the world right now, but wanted to comment on the privacy issue and what you post. It is ALWAYS wise to be discrete and not release too much personal information, social engineering is how most unauthorized access is acheived. You should do a vanity search on your name and user name frequently, to see what info is out there about you. I monitor everything (and I mean everything, every keystroke) my kids make on the computer. Too many things can go wrong if I don't. They know that their need for privacy is outweighed by my need to protect them. I've reported more than one suspicious character to the authorities, long before they got through to my kids. :-)
editted to add: I have to remember, when I expose myself, I expose my whole family. While I might be comfortable with what is said online, I have to consider if it's safe for them, and visa versa. : -)

This message was edited Aug 8, 2006 10:56 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.