Critter Antics w/captions .. Part 2 .. (luvs 'ese thangs!)

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

With the summer vacation, drawing to a close .. along with DG's newly hatched Bug Files taking its rightful place of honor among the other stars of DG . . . wellllll, it seemed only befittin' .. to tag the first lil diddy on the new thread, with somewhat of an appropriate blend of the two. Tourists and bug bites .. (hee)

Hopin' that some of you guys will find a wee bit of enjoyment and a couply gigglers .. on the new string, as well.

For anyone interested: the first thread .. started here > http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/455592/

((huggerooners))

- Magpye

- #1 -

Thumbnail by Magpye
Churchill, Victoria, Australia(Zone 10a)

Great fun as always Magpye,

Ken

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Magpye I love these. You have such a nac for just the right captions. Hope you and yours are all well and staying cool.

Gary

Blytheville, AR(Zone 7a)

How funny it is. Looks like he has his little fist (?) in the air shaking it at the tourist. More, please, Magpye--I love em. Sheverne

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

With all of the 'bugg-abouts' I've been doin' lately; it jes stands to reason that an old tainted imagination would eventually happen upon one of those special situations .. of which, a body jes can't hep herseff ...

- Magpye

Thumbnail by Magpye
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

LOL Magpye.As always this one is a tickler too!! Thanks for the smiles : ) Nancy

Ouch indeed!
It looks as if this time Katy Didn't!
I hope this one is going into BugFiles as well!
Ken

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

.. LOL .. Ken!!

Thanks guys - the both of you (Nancy & Ken)

((huggerooners))

- Magpye

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

"old tainted imagination"...?? Bring it on! Funny stuff, as usual

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Mags rofl!

You're beeerry beery funny!

Deb

Thumbnail by debnes_dfw_tx
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Magpye~~
You opened up a can of worms here girl!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

One more and I'm quittn for now

Debmagnes

Salt Lake City, UT(Zone 6a)

So glad you got these going again........been a lurking...........enjoyed very much.........thanks

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Oh goodness, Deb ..
I'm so used to opening so many 'cans of worms' - that I'm giving consideration to having my handy-dandy practical-tactical opener, trademarked! .. LOL .. Those three you've posted, are plum adorable! Need Linthicum to make an appearance here also! (plus, he's got some jim-dandy caption bubbles, to boot! .. hee)

Hmmm. Speakin' of Linthicum. < Seems, this is yet another mitey special somebody, that's come up 'missing' lately! I've not seen hide nor hair ... nor any of those wonderful photos posted, in a while!! Maybe Linth has joined the ranks of his respective 'regional forum' also. Jes gonna hafta check to see where's he's gotten off to .. Gosh doggit. My heart's intact, but the ol brain goes AWOL .. a bit too frequently.

Stacy ..you're jes too sweet.

MQN ..
I've not seen any of your posts anywhere about the place, in a good while also. Tis mitey good to 'see' you!

It truly blesses my heart, to find that some of you continue to enjoy these silly lil diddies, with me ..

((Huggerooners))

- Magpye

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

( .. gigglin' .. ) Welllll, this one .. jes simply stands to reason .. LOL

- Magpye

Thumbnail by Magpye
NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

May as well post this one for tonite.
Then I'm off to nappys house.
G'nite folks ..

- Magpye

Thumbnail by Magpye

I love all these snapshots! I think it is time I joined in. This echidna turned up in my garden this afternoon. He worked his way through the bushes along the back of the house, then headed down the steps to the door to the garage, but found himself in a corner!

Thumbnail by kennedyh
NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

.. LOL ..

'Bout doggone time, Ken!

Any time, and by anybody .. All, will be most welcomed, wonderfully enjoyed, and definitely appreciated.

((huggerooners))

- Magpye

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL magpye
Dagnabbit! I lost my program with the bubble captions for pictures in it...slike I used to have one but now it's hiding from me.

I really need bubbles to do this any justice. heeeeeeeelp!

Deb

This message was edited Oct 31, 2006 11:43 PM

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Magpye!
You're way too kind...& Ken, very cute achidna! Sometimes I'm a bit corney, but what else am I going to do with a bazillion photos I've taken? Knowing that one day 1 or 2 might find a rightful place somewhere.
(I found some caption doo-dads, I wasn't looking high enough.)

;oDeb

There's always something buggin' in my Moonflowers.

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

A baby Garter snake, rising up .. to take a lil look-peek around.

Thumbnail by Magpye
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Magpye~
Your posts are udderly captivating! The snake is sucha cutie...critters like that around here hide from me, or there aren't that many cool reptiles like him...
I'm real surprised at the balance around here when I don't use any chemicals. I am in a neighborhood where I am surrounded by a lot of other homes in all directions. I am SURE a lot of them DO use chemicals:o(. If they can make it this far in, they are pretty safe..still high tailing it with any little whif of human.
Reeeeal hard to get their little smiling faces on camera.

Deb

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

((thank you, Deb))

I usually hafta resort to playin' by myself!! .. LOL ..

Hey, now .. There's no doubt, that I'm sure nuff enjoying those that you and Ken are sharing - for sure!

So, you did find some more 'caption doo-dads'. Really liked the converted hummer feeder 'bubble' gum machine. And the butterfly put a different twist on it too.

For the record: it's that 'corney-ness' that keeps us in check and helps to uplift our spirits and oftentimes aids in our soaring above the grit and grime, of the daily grindstone - so we can keep a better perspective of the things that truly are the more important shtuff in our lives! (heehee)

Oh goodness, Deb .. It'd hafta be a big ol dose of dynamite .. to blow me out of my Arkansas holler! If we had to move from our property here, and back into town - I'd be of no use to anyone. I'd simply shrivel up and turn into compost .. for the worms! .. LOL ..

Jes maybe .. you'll hafta look a lil harder for the varmints in your yarden, 'ey!!

((huggerooners))

- Magpye

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Rofl ya wecome Mags!
I think I like ese thangs as much as you do, haha. With ya again about the more important things too.
That wee pic up there with the Butterfly was how i took it actually, I knew it was destined for funny business..
The orig pic is here: http://www.theletteroflove.com/wallpaper/index.php?paged=5 (scroll down a bit for it)

My son blew the bubbles for me a while back so I could cut them out and use them in pictures, etc. Nothing like real shapes and things for the dimensions and textures for me. I have clipped out lots of things for projects, and share all I can. Just started to put some in the wallpaper site, and there is a Stationary section too.
If ya want to see all of em you can start here: http://theletteroflove.com and choose 'Free Wallpaper' there's over 100 in there now... I got tired of sites that always want your full name and credit info just to have something off of it, and then it takes up a mega lot of space on your comp. And other sites that lock you where you cant go "Back" to where you were right bfore you fell in them..YIKES!.. So I make my own, and make it everyone's. I'm just adding to it as I go, and it is growing all the time..

Super dooper garter snake adventure, again! I'm glad you posted all of that!

Deb

This message was edited Oct 31, 2006 11:41 PM

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

We got a kick outa watching this gull.. He was trying to find a french fry in the box ..... to no avail

:-

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

.. LOL .. A gull with raw determination, I see!

- Magpye

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Popped in for some laughs. Ya'll just crack me up! What's been happening over here in the Wildlife forum? I kinda got caught up in Pets and couldn't find my way out for a while. I've missed everyone. 'Specially you, Mags. You're like a dose of giggle medicine. Must learn how to use those bubbles. They look like fun.
Debra

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

(( Ahh, fleurs/Debra - you're jes too sweet! ))
.. But, your flattery makes for some mitey big smilers creepin' in across my ol' mug, this mornin' .. .. heehee

'Giggle medicine', 'ey? ... Sounds wonderful; I'm plum proud to be bestowed such an honorary title! I'll bet the others that have shared their captioned ditties, feel the very same way!!

And, yes ma'amers: I agree - you sure do! Will be lookin' forward to your 'bubble debut' soon ...

Happy New Year!! - to all of you folks!!

((huggerooners))

- Magpye

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yep, Mags I sure do...:-)

Heya Debra!! NIce to see ya too! (waves o/~~)

Happy New Year!!

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-oll1.htm

Nothin' like a good ole-fashioned game of hide-n-seek.......

This message was edited Dec 28, 2006 6:35 PM

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Heya back, Deb! Interesting website. I think DH has a cartoon program on his computer. I've got to check it out. Ya'll are having too much fun!
Debra

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Such a stern-faced lil goldfinch ..

Thumbnail by Magpye
NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Weevil with the willies .. (hee)

Thumbnail by Magpye
Salt Lake City, UT(Zone 6a)

too cute, I have truly missed these...........keep them coming please & THANKS

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Who needs the funny papers....????

Debra

central Arkansas, AR(Zone 7b)

Magpye, what is the identity of the center back bird with the heavily streaked breast?... song sparrow? Thanks......and I do enjoy (and envy) your skill with a camera.

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Oh goodler goodies! .. SO glad you share the chuckles with me.
((thanks guys, for makin' it worth my ol silly goober efforts))

'Howdy' mjtip ..
That's one of the two female Purple Finches in the feeder tray. The male, is the loudly colored 'hot pink' fella! .. LOL ..
You oughta have/see them in your area also .. or, soon.

- Magpye

This message was edited Jan 5, 2007 6:33 PM

central Arkansas, AR(Zone 7b)

'Howdy' back at you, Magpye......We have scads of the house finches, but not so many purple finches anymore. Years ago when I first started paying attention to the birds and saw my first house finch, I was sure that I must have had a sparrow and redbird mating in my yard.....silly me. Then for the longest time I tried to make a purple finch out of a house finch, but when I finally did have a purple visit the feeders, I could see the difference.

I recognized the female in the front of your picture, but was thrown a bit by the heavy streaks on the back one.....thanks for the id.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Too cute Magpye, LOL!
~o waves @ everybody o/~

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Magpye, went through both of these threads and got so many great laughs! You have such a knack for interpreting the expressions of our little friends!! I look forward to the next 'Magpye fix'~
Thank You!~Amy :)

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

((ya'll jes bless my ol rusty heart!))

A ~waver~ right backatcha, Debnes ..

And nope, Amy - allow me to thank YOU, kiddo!
Truly glad for any laughter, that folks can fetch from these lil ditties! (hee)

- Magpye

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.