newbie round robin

Shelton, WA

Would like to start a newbie round robin. Seeds is the topic. Anyone interested? Can be purchased, harvested, etc. Very informal as I am new to this, but beings I am new and looking for seed trades all the time, thought it might be fun.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Oh Goody!! How does this work? I Would Love To be Included! Sign Me Up froggie42
Cedarnest

I'm not a newbie, but I'm an extreme seed addict, and I love round robins. Would you let me join? Please... :o)

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

OK OK I am a nut for seeds too count me in.

Beck

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Count me in also.

Gale

Shelton, WA

ok, I will take up to 12 RR's. Deadline is Aug. 20th that way we have time to add maybe some newbie seeds from this year. I will add all your names to the list and get back to you on the 22. Please list what kind of seeds you are looking for, want. If your like me, I take almost any and all........

Lonoke, AR(Zone 7b)

I'd like to join in if possible! I declare...I am addicted to these forums! Instead of Plant Swaps....there should be Plant 12 step groups! Ha!

I wonder if anyone has ever tried a Secret Pal type thing on here? I was thinking that would be a lot of fun too. Anyone else ever seen it done on here?

Rhonda

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Hi froggie! I want to play your game...of course I don't know what I'm signing up for, exactly, but I figure you'll tell us when it's time to know.

I want poppies!!!! And bright blue larkspur to go along with them.

And I want foxglove, too, and I want it to germinate! LOL! Did you say newbies?

I have cosmos sulphureum 'Bright Lights' 5' tall; extra-extra long-spurred columbine 'Dragonfly Mix'; and tradescantia from a named blue-purple variety, I just lost the name years ago. I also have blue adenophora for ya (for dry shade, otherwise it can be uncouth) I also have some really great gigantic thalictrum aquilegiafolium....one of the prettiest plants in the world. It gets 6 feet high with billowy clouds of lavendar purple flowers and bright yellow stamens. I have to figure out how to get the seeds from this plant, though, and I'm not sure they'll be ready.

I also have Four o'Clocks (which kill Japanese Beetles according to Dave's Garden). Not ready yet, but soon, I'll have some Fall-blooming Pink Anemones...I have a plant four feet in diameter that is AWESOME in bloom, or not in bloom! Dark green shiny foliage...very pretty. I also have zinnia 'Apricot Profusion' ready and daisy 'Becky'. I assume these will come somewhet true from seed -- 'Becky' is the only daisy I grow and 'Apricot Profusion' is the only Zinnia I grow.

Some of these I have quite a bit of, so I could start the RR if you want and if it's that style of trade.

Suzy

Shelton, WA

Suzy,

I will put you on the top of the list if you would like to start it sounds like you have a lot to share.........

Lonoke, AR(Zone 7b)

Good morning, all! Do we have a list of folks who will be trading on the RR yet?

Just curious as to whether or not I made the team! =)

Rhonda

Shelton, WA

Ok, it looks like we have 7 to play this round robin. I will put package in the mail on Tuesday, the 15th. Please make sure that you send me the following info by the 14th;
1. Real Name
2. Mailing address
3. email address

It will be on it's way to luv2dig from me on the 15th. When you recieve the package please email me on this site when you recieve and then again when it goes out to next on list, so we can track it's journey. The mailing order is below.

1. luv2dig2006
2. IIIoquin
3. Cedarnest
4. raingazer
5. froggie42
6. rwmedic
7. missg

Forum is now closed. Only those listed above are included.......Sorry!

This message was edited Aug 11, 2006 10:27 PM

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Let The Fun Begin!!! : ) Nancy

Lonoke, AR(Zone 7b)

Yayyyyyyy! Singing ** I'm so excited......**....lol! Wow, is it normal to get this excited about plants??? I am glad I found Dave's and other's who share my love of all this!

I've sent my information by dmail, froggie.

Rhonda

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Rhonda I get very excited about plants also, I think most people here at DG's get excited. Its our love for nature.

Beck

Shelton, WA

Some people think we are just sick in the head, but who cares! Without people like us, where would all the flowers be? LOL.

Rhonda, I am babysitting yesterday, and today. Will put package in the mail tomorrow. Forgot what it was like to have an almost 2 year old in the house!

Lonoke, AR(Zone 7b)

lol....no problem at all, froggie! I can just imagine! I kept our new baby for a few hours not too long ago, and after her Mama came home, I was like "whoaaaaaaaa"......lol. And that one isnt able to walk and get into things yet! I'm sure you had your hands FULL!

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

my granddaughter is 5 and she calls Thursday, My stay all night with mama day. And believe me I cant wait for Friday evening to come. LOL But ofcourse I forget every week and I cant wait for Thursday to come so I can have her. LOL She love to help in the garden and gets so excited about the flowers. She found a bloom on a vine that none of us saw. It was a suprise to all of us the first bloom. I bought her, her own cherry tomatoe plant this year and she checks it every thursday on picks off her little tomatoes. She teases her papa and wont let him eat them. Which btw she wont eat them herself. Just to funny. Her is a picture of her and her tomatoes.

Beck

Thumbnail by rwmedic
Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

She has also been told that the bird bath fountain is not a play toy. Well guess what, Take a lookie below.

Yes she got caught. She found some easter eggs in the garage and decided to play. It was just to cute I couldnt get after her. I just took her picture instead.

Beck

This message was edited Aug 17, 2006 9:18 AM

Thumbnail by rwmedic
Shelton, WA

Aren't they fun??? I have three grand daughters, oldest is going to be 5 in October, and then I have two little ones. One fo them will be 2 in Oct. and the other 2 in Dec. I only get to see the youngest one regular as the other two live in Oregon. I cried like a big baby when they moved, but we talk on the phone, and sometimes grandmas just have to let go so the parents can make a better future for their children. I spoil them rotten every chance I get though. With the job I have, my summers are mine, ( I don't work in the summer), school employee, so I spend as much time as I can with them.

ANYWAYS, the big news for the day........The package is being shipped out today. Tracking # is:1Z153Y000344596463. Will be enroute to your house soon I hope.

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Oh goodie. I have so many goodies going out and coming in right now that I cant hold myself still. I am to excited.

Beck

is it aug 20 yet?

pamsue

Lonoke, AR(Zone 7b)

lol Pam! I am soooooo excited about getting the box, and was just sitting here making a mental list of everything I want to put in it!

Rhonda

LOL either i am too early or too late...

pamsue

Lonoke, AR(Zone 7b)

Ooooo....you were asking about the deadline, Pamsue! Yeah, she went ahead and closed it due to lack of any more response! Sorry :( Hopefully you can catch the next one with us!

Rhonda

Shelton, WA

Looking forward to starting another round robin. Will add your name to that list if you want. What are your wants/ haves? Will probaby start another one in about two weeks. Send me your addy by Dmail if you want to join in the fun

Lonoke, AR(Zone 7b)

Count me in, froggie! Maybe we could give this one a "theme"? That might be fun!

Rhonda

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi,
I would love to catch the next RR if I'm too late for this one.
PLMK.
Jane

Lonoke, AR(Zone 7b)

We havent started this last one yet, Jane....I'm sure you're welcome to join us! Just put this thread on your "watch" list!

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks luv2dig....I am soooo happy to have caught the robin before it took flight! lol
Jane

Lonoke, AR(Zone 7b)

lol....good one!

Lonoke, AR(Zone 7b)

Yay! I got the box today!! Great stuff, froggie! I had such a hard time chosing! Knowing me, I'll change again before I send it back tomorrow! We dont have a UPS office here in town, would it be okay to send it by USPS? I am going to "the city" tomorrow, so can go by a UPS office if needed, so it won't be out of my way or anything. What do y'all think?

It took over a week going by stagecoach, er, I mean UPS, I'd say give it to the Red, white & blue!

Suzy -- next on the flight! I can't wait!

Lonoke, AR(Zone 7b)

I couldnt believe that route it took, Suzy! You should post that on here and let the others see. It was nuts!

I believe I will try USPS and just see how it does. Although, I think they've gotten even slower than normal lately also! Will post the tracking # and such tomorrow when I can!

Rhonda

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

I sent package to floriday and texas by USPS. I went to mailbox ect. on saturday and they recieve the packages on monday. I sent them priority mail. Not sure how much the packages weigh but it was only $2 more for priority and I wanted my water lilies there as fast as possible.

Beck

This message was edited Aug 25, 2006 7:02 PM

Lonoke, AR(Zone 7b)

Okay, Suzy..the package is on it's way to your house!

Tracking # 0306 1070 0002 4064 7871 . I sent it by USPS this afternoon. It can be "tracked" at www.usps.com or by calling 1-800-222-1811 . Or thats the information on the ticket anyway! I think I will try it later on, just to see what it says....lol. I also sent it "Priority" just to hurry it along!

Thanks again for the "gifts", froggie!

Yay! I'll post here when I receive it.

Suzy

yeah maybe next time :) send me an email cuz i have oodles of seed to share

pamsue

Shelton, WA

Glad the box arrived. I have been out of town or would have responded before now, sorry. Keep er moving, I can't wait for it to get back to me!

Package arrived today Indianapolis -- thank ladies! -- I'll get it going to Nancy in Nebraska tomorrow.

There was a note in mine with who to send it to, etc., but I don't have any information to give to Nancy in Nebraska about where *she* should send it.

Help! This is my first round robin!

Suzy

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Ohhh I am soooo excited Suzy!! I think I send to Raingazer because she is next on the list? Hope froggie hops in on this to let us know for sure : ) This is my first Robin too!! I sure don't want to mess up!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!! Nancy (in Nebraska) : )

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.