My First Mosaic

Harwich, MA(Zone 7a)

Hi All,
I feel as though I know you even though I have been lurking since I joined a month or so ago. Seeing the incredible work you all do inspired me to try to make a table top for the area around our new pond. I have been doing stained glass for a year or so and already have a large scrap box. I did my mosaic on clear contact paper over a purchased pattern, placed it into the bottom of a 14" round mold and then filled it with cement. After it dried, I couldn't believe that it would come out of the mold but it came out easily. I was absolutely thrilled when I peeled the paper off! There were some holes here & there in the cement so I grouted it. Please let me know what you think & how I can do it better next time.

Thanks, Peggy

Thumbnail by Peggygal
This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!