Table topper sized doilies, looking for a few...

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Hello all,

I'll abbreviate, as I tend to become long winded. LOL.

I'm looking for table top sized doilies made with good strong thread / string / yarn / whatever
to put on the top of a table cloth so that the color shows between the threads. Knowing very
little about the terms, I'll just say I would like a pretty pattern, not necessarily pineapples, but
that will do.

However, I don't want them too long, I just want them to cover the top of the table and not
hang over the sides. This seems to be about a 38" or so size. For those of you who crochet
such things, could you tell me what a 'normal' size is for a standard round table top, if there is such a norm?

Also, if you were to crochet such an item, what is the term for the heavy duty yarn used? I'm
looking for one that is made with something stronger than thin string, but not the soft yarn style, either.
Something that could endure a wash if it had to, but still appear delicate.

And...one last question. Do any of you make such toppers for sale? Hint, hint.

Many thanks,
Karen

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!