More from the swamp

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Out temps have been in the 100's now for weeks with no rain, the swamps have made it possable to have the lush growth that I have, these are outside my kitchen.

Thumbnail by rita_sturzbeche

Rita,
Those are beautiful! Gorgeous leaves, too.

Crystal

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

I love this canna it has just produced so well, the blooms are luscious and the plant has proliferated so well.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

This one was very prone to burning, and generally producing poorly, I found it pretty intolerant of dryer conditions, it is doing well with wet feet.

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

beautiful clear pics Rita,which ones are these?

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

I found this one in a discount pile at Lows, looked pretty sad, I think its Pfizer Orchid has a tiny yellow edge to the petals, has started to send out promising new growth.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

I spent the weekend building new swamps, this is the front driveway, I dug trenches, about 3' lined them with black plastic and then refilled them with the soil. I added Alfalfa meal as well, the front bed is all of the new seedlings, and recently aquired cannas,

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Just a side shot I also transfered some brugs that were struggling with the heat. I think the pre-fab swamp is certainly the way to go for cannas if you live in dryer areas like I do. Probably reinvented the Everglades.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

The watermellon one is Miss Okahoma, the background pale orange is Tropical Sunrise, and the yellow is Stripped Beauty. Being the migrant has played havoc with organisation, every thing is new, and I am afraid that my systems have not been up to the test, many plants in the garden are on the "whats its name list", where is its tag. Next Spring I will have more system and hopefully not having to guess as much and forever play catch-up.

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

WOW! they look beautiful!!!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

your cannas look really nice Rita Paul

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks all they do bring a swelling of pride. Rita

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Your beds are gorgeous, Rita.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Rita, your pics are beautiful. My cannas are being chewed up and a lot of them aren't even blooming. Guess I can't blame it on the weather, since we only live a few miles apart. LOL

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

I have coffee out in the garden before work and often do th squish round on the grubs, the fish are often given extra protein at this time. I also hand water in the evening and check the new shoots and wash out most of the rollers that I may have missed in the morning.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

what kinda fish Rita ? Paul

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Some Gold fish, then a lot of a blue stripped sword fish that I was emphaticly told, couldn't breed, but they did in large numbers and lastly an Asian Dragon fish pair. Will probably have to build another pond next year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.