crambe cordifolia, centranthus ruber and baptisia

Plymouth, MA

Iplanted all of these in spring (from plants ordered on line not seeds) and they have all grown big, beautiful leaves but not a single flower. Can anyone tell me why?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I've only grown the latter of these but its not unusual for small perennials not to bloom until the second year. I've had a few take longer.

Wellington, OH

I planted baptisia this spring - really nice size plants - and they're hardly grown at all.....no blooms. I was afraid that they weren't getting enough sun and was going to move them - maybe I'll wait. Kay

Eastern MA, MA

I planted baptista last year in the fall and have not had blooms.Glad your mentioned it might not bloom 1st year..Thank you Dave

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I think the worst I had was little goat's beard (aruncus) that I planted in relativelly poor soil in the shade. IT TOOK YEARS. It got to the point where I almost yanked it thinking my plants must have died and these were similar looking weeds. I think they bloomed in the third year!

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

I have 2 Endless Summer Hydrangeas that I planted last year. They bloomed right off the bat. This year, nothing. Now if I can't make an Endless Summer bloom, there is no hope for me!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Isn't it funny how some things seem to grow for some people and not for others?
Even an experienced gardener like Ivy. Its why I never bother with those garden by numbers design plans.

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Oh, golly. I would have plants missing, big gaps where things have died.........

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.