I am truely trl7

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I deleted this entire post because when I looked at it this morning it made no sense whatsever. I was heavily sedated by the time I tried to write it.

This message was edited Aug 5, 2006 6:56 AM

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Now I can think straight and tell the good news. Jack has wanted a Walker riding lawn mower with tilt up front deck since he first saw one many years ago. Anyone who has ever looked at them knows they are very expensive. GOD gave us the opportunity to purchase a 2 year old model MD20 with a 48" front lift deck and a bagger attachment. I called our banker and he said "yes". We do the paperwork and pick it up Monday. It is such a good feeling to be able to help someone aquire a dream.

Still kind of sleepy this morning. I have to be careful and look over what I type because I misspell a lot of words, etc.

It is nice and cool her this morning. The indoor/outdoor thermometer says it is 72* outside and it just turned 80* in here. I have windows open but see I didn't put the big 20" fan in the window. Boy, that Ambien really zapped me last night. I haven't taken one of those for a long time because I usually use Restoril. Had a few Ambien left tho so I thought I would get them used up. They make me do crazy food things. I'm not real sure just what I ate last night but I see a pistachio pudding box and a can of pineapple open so I'm assuming they were most of it. I do remember eating a little bit of orange/peach jello that wouldn't fit into the containers. Oh, well, it could have been much worse.

GOD bless and keep each of you. Please forgive the strange title to this post. That was one thing I don't know how to edit.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

I live in my own little world a lot lately .
I am still trying to find out what part of golden years ,
i am experiencing because it seems more rusty than golden !
So glad you got the mower

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Jack & I have been wondering about this Golden Years thing too. They don't seem to be that golden for us or many of our older friends. Our bodies are broken down more than they are repaired and in working order, our minds seem to be on leave of absence more than they are present for duty, and our get up and go got up and left long ago.

Hi
I had back pain and wasn't sleeping. The doc gave me Ambien, also. It was like being dead. I didn't remember anything. My hubby said that I talked nonsense.

I usually sit on my bed with my laptop until I get tired and go to sleep. The night I took it, I fell asleep with the computer on my lap. My 17yr old son, took a picture of me with his cellphone. LOL. I was laid back on the pillow, drulling, with my hands still on the computer - it was hilarious. Won't be taking that that stuf anymore - lol.

Leaflady - your fine, don't worry about weird post - hey, I do it when I'm awake - lol.

Crystal

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Crystal, I used to take Ambien and know the weird stuff you do when it takes effect. I eat mostly. Now I take Restoril and still have some of the same problem so I just plan it into my daily intake. It also gave me really wild weird dreams in vivid colors. My DH takes it and has none of those effects.

When I took the Ambien, I had no dreams at all. Just dead. Really did awake refreshed. I've never slept like that before, I ususally awake 10 times a night. Always looking at the clock to see "how much time I have left to sleep". LOL I can't imagine sleep eating.

Crystal

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm gently laughing over the ''don't know what I ate.''

Sounds like I'm not looking forward to the golden years. Rusty!

I'm very happy for you getting the mower! That will be a pleasure for Jack!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Leaflady, I have never tried Ambien... sounds a little like the stuff that was floating around in the 60's... lol

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I've never heard of any of this stuff!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I don't know if Ambien was available in the '60s. It's a prescription only sleep aid, Billy. Some people have no side effects at all, others sleep walk, eat, drive vehicles(very dangerous), have wild vivid color dreams, etc. When you take it you need to be ready for bed because it works in about 20 minutes. And it works very well for about 8 hours for most people. You are wide awake when you wake up which is a real plus. No drowsiness, etc. as so many sleep aids do. Also quite expensive($100+ for 30 pills) but we have the plan D thru Medicare and qualify for extra help with expenses so it only costs Jack $3 a month. The new version Ambien CD is widely advertised on TV. I'm thinking that means the patent on the original Ambien is about to expire. That will make it a generic and much less expensive.

Must go do more weeding. The soil in this bed is so compact that I have to shovel out each and every clump of grass and weed.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Wow!

Good luck shoveling the weeds. Can you just turn them under and let them compost?

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I wish I could, Billy. But they are loaded with seeds that I don't want planted in the beds. Digging them out by the roots and then burning them is the best way to get some measure of control and prevent so many of them from coming back next year. I'm not even sure of the names of some of them but Jack says they are really hard to get rid of once they get into a field or pasture. And we have dozens if not hundreds of clumps of them just in the flower beds. I know there is some old Kentucky 31 fescue in there too as that is our yard grass and in some pastures. It is now considered an imported noxious weed grass. It was introduced in the late '5os or so as a wonderful pasture grass and hay that could take both drought/heat in the summer and extremely wet weather and cold. They didn't know the down sides of it back then. Like, nearly impossible to kill out, sometimes develops nematodes on the roots which cause the grass to have ergotomines in it. That cuts of circulation to extremites in livestock, induces premature births, etc. Not all of it gets infested with the nematodes, but when it does it spreads wildly thu the rest of the field/pasture. It forms heavy clumps it you don't keep it mowed well in the yard and will smother or choke out most other plants. Including daylilies. It has a very large root system.

Kyle will bring up wood chips next week for me to spread on the beds. Of course there are seeds from previous years and they will come up thru the chips but will be easier to pull. I hope.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Wow, that's pretty involved. Good luck!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.