Leaves turning green ?

Alfred, ME(Zone 4a)

Hi, I have 3 Inaba Shidare thet are about 2-3 ft tall, been planted for 2 yrs. and the leaves starting at the bottom are turning green. They get full sun morning, midday and afternoon. Any ideas ? Thanks, kdcon

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

usually the bottom leaves are likely to turn greener since they are more shaded but this year anything goes ..if your weather ...even in zone 4... has been hot and sunny it will also effect coloration I have a tamukayama that isn't very red this year and an emporer 1 that is turning green ...go figure ...both are in full sun ...and my inaba S is a variety of colors ....even my fireglow is bronzish...it just a weird year IMHO ..nothing ya can do about it that I know of ...david

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

If the leaves that are green are below the graft then they should be removed no matter what color they are. Is that what you are talking about? I couldn't figure out starting at the bottom of what?

Alfred, ME(Zone 4a)

Thanks for the replies. I just got back and hope you did not think me rude for not responding. That answers my question. Yes a crazy yr. in the landscape it is. Thanks again, kdcon

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.