Back yard pictures

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

While taking pictures the last couple of days of things blooming and growing well I caught the following culprits traipsing through the back lot.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

His or her sibling.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

The banana tree and cape honeysuckle they may have been visiting. The rubber trees at the base are cuttings off the mother plant I started last year. I gave the other container of cuttings away.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Lady Baltimore hardy hibiscus was blooming today. Maybe next year it will start to grow like it did at the last house.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

A double pink rose of sharon I started from cuttings a couple of years ago when we moved to the new house.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Peruvian daffodil (hymenocallis) that was found on my parents' lots in TN. Makes a nice clumper and is drought tolerant.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Caught this little fellow running across some of my begonias.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Our new fence with a chip pile over 8 foot tall from all the trees we had cut down in early July. Maybe in another week or two we will have it spread out over the lot.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

One of my favorite caladiums - Gingerland

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Another hardy hibiscus.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Lovely pictures..........thanks for sharing. A particularly nice one of Bambi and the lizard as well. We have so many of those little guys. They drive the dogs crazy running across the deck!! That double Rose of Sharon is nice........haven't seen one of those before.

I had to drag almost all of my houseplants to the back 40 so the tree cutters wouldn't damage those (they trample over most things that are in the ground) and dropped limbs over other pots that I thought were far enough away. Here are my 3 tall bamboo plants in 22 inch pots and a staghorn fern.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

I bought that rose of sharon many years ago at a Wal-Mart in middle TN and it was advertised as a red flowered one. Well it isn't red, but I do like the double bloom. Our cat loves to catch the little lizards and have a snack. I knew we had deer here due to the missing leaves of some hostas and my sunflowers are nibbled to the ground and deer tracks are throughout the mud, but this is the first time I got a picture of them. Usually I catch a glimpse of them running off. I know the fence won't keep them out but at least we can turn the dog loose in the backyard after we get the entire fence installed and that should help keep them out.

Lilburn, GA

Hi Butch,

Thank you for the lovely photos. You have beautiful plants and wildlife in your garden.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the tour. Really nice yard and plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.