pirl!!!!

(Zone 4a)

I am so sorry I didn't respond right away. I wanted to respond but then forgot so sorry.

Yes Alex was born here - good memory you have...although I don't think he grew up here for long if at all. I don't know him personally hehehe.

Yes we do have the Nothern Lights Festival boreal here. To be honest with you I have never attended the festivals but I do hear they are great with lots of bands, stuff for the kids etc....

We have Science North here - have you heard of that? We also have the largest freestanding smoke stack (yeah not something to be that proud of but I thought I would mention it). We are the Nickel capital of the North.

Where are you from???

(Zone 4a)

Did you see this post pirl??

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Now I have, while searching for a post on Halibut Point on Cape Ann.

So sorry I missed it for so long, Dawn.

Alex used to wish his parents a Happy Anniversary each year and then it ended. Since he's 66 I guess they've passed on.

I'd love to see the Northern Lights and noticed the festival dates changes from year to year. I guess it's more or less hoping and praying for them to appear.

We went to the Thetford Asbestos Mines (closed) in Asbestos, Canada, a few years ago. The equipment they used for that mining is amazing in size. I took a photo of my husband by a tire on the truck and the tire was much larger than his 5'10" size.

Thanks for responding Dawn!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Pirl, Going to asbestos mines for vacation????????????

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Oh Dave!

We were driving up through Quebec Province and I had seen a photo of one of these huge monster vehicles in a guide book. My dad worked with asbestos all of his life (a roofer) and I wanted to see the big vehicle and see what a mine looked like. I was quite impressed, so was my DH.

We did violate all manly rules and stopped to ask for directions and the lady who spoke French corrected me when I asked about the town of Asbestos. She replied that it wasn't as-BES-tos but as-bes-TOES and said the spelling is the same but the Americans always put the accent on the wrong syllable. We still laugh over it.

That year we did stay in Quebec City and then went to the south side of the St. Lawrence up to the ferry crossing to the north side and enjoyed visiting all the little towns on the way back to Ste. Anne de Beaupre and a few truly memorable meals at Auberge Baker. It's so beautiful up there and the people are just as lovely.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I can't wait to hear about your trip to the nuclear waste dump! Like they say, 2 heads are better than 1. ;^)

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Is that asbestos you can do?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Claypa, I love it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.