Vines from Dottnmd

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I just had to post these two pictures of vines I got from Dott last year

the first is

thunbergia fairy moon, it was just a wee baby when I got it, and it's doing so great, I'm looking forward to some blooms soon.

I just had to say, thanks dott for these wonderful vines, and wanted to let you know their all doing wonderful

kathy_ann

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

The next one is cork screw vine, She passed along some seed to me and a few cuttings, I got one seed and one cutting, and put them both inthe same pot, and they are coming along nicely , hope to smell those wonderful blooms onthem soon too.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks Kathy and your very welcome. You won't need the cage for the thunbergia. It's not like grandiflora and gets bushy instead. For the first time since I bought the fairy moon (over 3 yrs ago) I am seeing the fairy moon light blue flowers as well as white and dark blue all on the same plant. I thought it was my imagination but it's not. The growers have to know this before they put the plant on the market. I'm not even sure mine will make it back in for the winter. I haven't decided wether to keep or not yet.

You Vigna looks great and will soon be taking over that cage. I opted to put my Vigna on a large tomatoa cage this year as well so DH doesn't have to go through all the hassle he did last year with breaking out the ladder. I will be having blooms soon.

Once again you are very welcome Kathy. You have shared so many special plants with me that I thought would take me forever to get and I am still in shock to have. Thank You for sharing with me.

Dott

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Hey, I didn't realize that about the thunbergia, and it's hardy?

I remember that vigna you posted a picture of climing up that antena, that was beautiful, it's alot of work though bringing it in in the winter, I guess I'll just have to keep wrapping this around and around the tomato cage

I'll go take that cage of f the thunbergia now LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.