Thumbnail by lwkbriggs
St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Gorgeous!

Erick

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Lisa..she is so gorgeous..Love that Clematis...How old is she?...Jeanne

Dunkirk, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Jeanne and Erick,

She is three years old. This is the first time she bloomed, but did she bloom! I had almost forgotten about her....I won't make that mistake again.

Lisa

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Always remember to fertilize her in late winter/early Spring and again after she blooms with Rose Fertilizer or Tomato Fertilizer....Jeanne

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Lwkbriggs, what a beauty. I am new to clematis but ordered plants for this fall. None of them look like that beauty you show. I specified that I wanted tried and true varieties, until I learn to care for them properly and understand their pruning requirements.

Here is a 'before' pic of where I will plant them. If I can show vines next summer - I will be happy.
Claire

Thumbnail by se_eds
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I think they would look great...check it out....Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh well ...I think you need a whole flowerbed there...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh my gosh - that is so neat!!! I know I can get by with the vines, will probably have to phase in the flower bed next year. My DH makes little noises about not having enough room to turn the riding mower around. He is partial to his old John Deere and won't even consider buying one of the zero radius mowers. Besides keeping it running is one of his hobbies.

Jeanne that is a really neat preview. Hope I can grow them. Dealing with Debbie is really great, she has made several helpful suggesstions like digging out the concrete soaked clay and replacing it with good soil. I will plant them behind the vinyl trellis and thread them through the trellis, so they don't get run over with the lawn mower. LOL
Claire

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Claire!!..Men!! Men!! Men!!..they always fuss if they hafta mow around something....Mine doesn't mow anymore and when he did..I told him to bugger off when he complained and that if he "Touched" any of my plants he wouldn't like my wrath..LOL... Yea, you'll wanna dig the soil out about 6 inches deep and incorporate some compost and composted cowmanure...will make a really nice bed for your plants...had you decided when you will be planting?..Had you considered lasagna gardening??..Only if you aren't planting this fall...Jeanne

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

JeanneTX..that was the coolest thing ever!! And what a neat thing to do, to give se_eeds a preview!! Totally awesome.

I have to agree with the Men! Men! Men! comment LOL Ya never know, he might totally like it. It would be gorgeous.

Jeanne, what program did you use to do that, if you don't mind me asking?

PiggyPoo :0)

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

PiggyPo...seems you and I would get along great..LOL..Men huh?..can't live with 'em and can't live without 'em..but I do rule!!..Yippe kiyo Kiyea!!..The program I use is called Sierras "LandDesigner :Home and Garden Suite 8 in one" It is really neat..you just import a pic from your garden and Drag and Drop what you want in it...even add Porches, change your window styles..add chimney..all kind of garden structures I bought mine at Best Buy for $18.88
Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey Claire..which reminds me I just built a New Pergola using the same Vinyl Resin Lattice from Lowes...I am going to grow Clematis and Roses up mine..

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Woohoo!!! That is quite the little program for such a darn good price there!! I so want to go find it. That will be on my list once I start back up to work :)

And yes...Women rule, men drool :)

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Uh oh..Piggy's marbles are turning with designs now. I have a very large area that I want to do something with, but is totally exposed to all elements, and was thinking some sort of shade structure would be great. Wow, thanks for the ideas, Jeanne!!

Won't be until the weather cools down, a LOT, but...it's in the works. (in my head, that is)

And..if I pick up that program, it will be ON!!!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

What a neat outdoor room. That vinyl lattice is the way to go - no painting and if you used stainless steel screws, it won't be dripping that ugly brown gunk from the screwholes. Won't that be spectacular with roses and/or clematis?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

That is a gorgeous flower............can I get some seeds? I have a great vine too, it's a Lavender Moon Vine (http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/69456/index.html). I traded for the seeds, they grew easily, they were sown last summer.

This was taken this evening. I should be able to get some seeds soon:

This message was edited Sep 3, 2006 7:30 PM

Thumbnail by Ladyborg
Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

A closeup shot:

Thumbnail by Ladyborg
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Ladyborg,
Do you have seed for your moon vine? I would love to trade for some if you do...
JanetS

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I need t that moon vine. Ladyborg did you direct sow or start them indoors?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.