Garden tour...

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

I haven't been very active in this forum, but I do lurk quite a bit. I just thought I'd start this thread hoping that more people would do the same.

It will take me awhile to get them all loaded and I do hope you enjoy!

This is what I wake to out my bedroom window every morning.

Thumbnail by Brinda
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

I love this lily, the name right now escapes me...I'll have to look it up.

Thumbnail by Brinda
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

A few ears

Thumbnail by Brinda
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

The garden by the pool

Thumbnail by Brinda
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

more

Thumbnail by Brinda
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

a small area at the end of the pool

Thumbnail by Brinda
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

another area with MG's and mandevillas

Thumbnail by Brinda
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Datura Wrightii

Thumbnail by Brinda
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Some of these pics aren't too great...I just got a new camera and still don't know how to use it. a few blooms...

Thumbnail by Brinda
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

A few pots across the pool

Thumbnail by Brinda
Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Lovely, Brinda. I wish ours was that weed free. It looks as tho you use mulch to control them. You have true bragging rights.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Great job Brinda! I wish mine could look that good but with this drought it would be impossible with out bring the Big Muddy next door.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Thanks so much! I do love the backyard! leaflady, I don't use mulch at all. I'm not sure what pic you're talking about that looks like mulch. If you'll point it out, I'll let you know what it is.

In the first pic we had intended on making that a garden...but time got away from us so most everything in there is in pots...there are a few things in the ground.

Oh pepper....our water bill for summer months runs close to $300.00. And I think that is outrageous, but nothing I can do about it unless I have fewer plants! LOL

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

your flowers are looking good
it was a100°at 8:30 tonight iwas trying to dig plants at old house to move to new place . got sick in the heat and will pray i get all dug befre house sells .
It is so hot here >>>>>
YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN OKLAHOMA IN JULY WHEN. .

The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.

The trees are whistling for the dogs.

The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.

Hot water now comes out of both taps.

You can make sun tea instantly.

You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron!

The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a little chilly.

You discover that in July it only takes 2 fingers to steer your car.

You discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.

You actually burn your hand opening the car door.

You break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m.

Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"

You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.

The potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.

Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.

The cows are giving evaporated milk.

Ah, what a place to call home!

God Bless Our State of Oklahoma!

This message was edited Jul 31, 2006 10:44 PM

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Amen Girlfriend! It is some kind of hot, isn't it?

Sweet Tazzy....how have you been? I haven't seen you posting and have thought about you many times in the last week! Don't work too hard!!! And stay cool.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Tazzy that also applies to MO too with our heat!! Today was actually cooler that yesterday....by one degree!!! The worst part? It actually felt hotter. I work at a public garden where leaflady also volunteers when able, and we were all miserable even in the shade. We all agree that there is no way it could be cooler today but the weathermen say it was. Oh well, they will change their minds when they have to work out in it. lol. Stay cool everyone!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

brinda they are so beautiful.. lily is awesome.. Tazzy i already put the tidbit about okla, in jokes before i sent it on.. its sure the truth to.. i'm cooked like leather..

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Thank you Twyla! I really enjoy all the plants....my DH thinks I enjoy them too much! LOL

I'm getting better with the camera! LOL Sure seems like I'm taking forever to learn this stupid thing.

Thumbnail by Brinda
Champaign, IL(Zone 5a)

brinda your gardens are lovely! thanks for the inspirations....ive always wanted to try datura , do you bring them inside in winter? how do they do ? are they in full sun???
taya

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Hi taya....those datura are in the ground and they come back every year. And yes, they are in full sun. I have them in three different places and they can certainly be invasive here if I would let them.

Here is another pic where there were hundreds!

Thumbnail by Brinda
Hallsville, MO(Zone 5b)

Brinda,
I really like your elephant ears. Do you take them inside over the winter? I'd really like to grow some just not real crazy about the digging them up in the fall. lol
Thanks
Carol

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Hi Carol, most of the ears are in containers. I'm not crazy about digging anything in the fall either. It's easier for me to pull the containers inside and pray they make it.

The last couple of years we stored them in an extra (unheated) room at work and everything did fine. I don't have that luxury this year so I plan to make room for them in the garage. DH isn't happy about that, but I have too much invested to lose them all. We plan to use pallets so they won't be sitting on the cold cement floor.....wish me luck!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.