deer theory

Plainfield, NJ(Zone 6b)

Picture a large healthy anemone "Party Dress" with 7 big buds getting ready to burst into frilly pink glory. Now imagine stem stumps with only about 10 basal leaves left where they were camoflaged by plumbago in full bloom. Imagine the blue air surrounding my head as I cussed and stomped at 6am today when I discovered the slaughter.

So here's my theory. Young deer are like teenaged humans. They will try anything once despite advice and warnings given to them by adults.

I hope the fawns get grounded AND have stomach aches!

Counting down the 5 weeks until the start of bow season...

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

Oh Lady Cleo, what if the does show the fawns that pretty anemones are great deer snacks?
Adult delinquent deer- they're incorrigible.

Plainfield, NJ(Zone 6b)

Japanese Anemone
Anemone x hybrida
Seldom Severely Damaged

Then she'd be a liar and a bad Mama deer!
Would you like to come to my Bambi BarBQ in September BB?

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

Sure thing! Oh those rotten deer, no manners at all. And how much did they pay your dog, I wonder?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

I totally agree about the teenage deer. SUPPOSEDLY, deer don't eat plumerias. They stripped every leaf off all 15 plants. They had been setting in the same place for months. Then all of a sudden, they were nothing but sticks in pots. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! They didn't tell me about this being a problem when I moved fr the city. I find I now also have moles or gophers. I was willing to share my 2 acres until they started eating my gingers. Amazing how these creatures bring back words that we were never going to use again!!! :~)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.