Horse show result...read at your own risk. LOL

Alpharetta, GA

Well, I didn't think things would be perfect but I really wasn't prepared for how bad they would be. My horse was an idiot!! My usually sweet, calm can do anything to her horse (the draft side) was a ball of fire (the TB side). As soon as I got on her to school her she was bucking and rearing trying to kick everything in site. So I got off and lunged her until she was ready to drop got back on and she was the horse I knew and loved. She was doing great in the warm up ring even with her buddy Oscar who is my sister-in-laws 2 year old. So we get ready to go into the show ring when I her my DD screaming. I sent my DN to check on her and she has face planted the concrete (DH is with her). Well, I am very tense at this point but still decided to go into the ring - silly me. Regan would not respond to anything and was pulling on my like a freight train. She would do anything she could to get to Oscar. Needless to say we didn't do well (heck we didn't even place). I am surprised they didn't ask us to leave the ring LOL. The worst part is that we were beat out by a bunch of very young (5yrs I'm guessing) girls on their expensive ponies. All I really wanted was to not look like a fool - so much for that!!!LOL! Oh, and did I mention that this was a huge show - not like the usual local shows? There were a lot of very good riders and fabulous horses so we didn't have a chance on a good day. Not the show I would have chosen for my first had I known. Oh well, I wasn't laughing then but I sure can now as I must have looked like some idiot riding for the very first time in a show where I had no business being! I will try this again but will do more research to make sure we will be in a smaller show - not competing with 5year olds that are better then me LOL!!! Oh, my sister-in-law didn't place either so I really didn't feel that bad. Yes, you can all laugh at me as it was quite funny!

No pictures as my DH was with my 2 1/2 year old. She is fine. She put her tooth through her lip and is a little back and blue but nothing a popsicle couldn't fix.

Jenks - hope your show goes much better this week end!!! Any 5 year olds competing???LOL!!!!

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!