Free Pinestraw for landscaping

Central, AL(Zone 8a)

This time of year the pine trees are dropping needles but the autumn leaves have not yet started falling. You can get pine straw by looking for clusters of pines wherever you drive and rake up this bountiful stuff. Where I live if you buy it it is $3 to $4 per bale. But in about 20 minutes I raked up about $25. worth of the stuff yesterday...next to the interstate there was a pure stand of trees and a service road that took me right to them. Keep a rake and big 55 gallon bags in your car and you will soon see.

If it is private property, ask permission...the owner is often delighted to let you rake his driveway or yard. Often you can help out an elderly person who would have to hire someone to do it and everyone benefits. Plus, clearing accumulated pine straw from a steep driveway reduces the risk of falls in people with poor balance because it is slipper

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!