Canna seeds

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i read a post some where about how long will canna seeds last i dont know but this year about 50 percent of my cannas came from seeds i bought from KH 4 years ago i had a 95 percent germantion to paul

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

You are more than welcome to plant them at my house. lol. Can't garantee that they will grow right now because of 100 degree heat and a really bad drought but you can try! lol

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

My germination rate of the few seeds I have tried is about 50% but I think that is good since I am an absolute newbie. I am hand watering with a pitcher all the ones I have planted so far because of the hight temps and lack of rain. It rained 1.5 inches less than 7 miles from me and 3/4 inch 3 miles away and I just got a tiny bit... not enough to measure in the rain gague. I WANT SOME RAIN! I really do miss the rain. I love to sit and just watch it. I bet my cannas would shoot up something fierce if they got some untreated natural rain water. Everybody cross your fingers... please. Paul, I really enjoy seeing all the cannas you are growing. Please continue to show more.

Tammie

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Phicks, I just assumed that all hard coat seeds were good for decades as long as they are kept in a reasonable enviroment.

Did you hear about that 2000 year old seed from an extinct date palm that actually germinated? If not, go here:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/06/12/MNGJND7G5T1.DTL

Also there have been many stories about 1000+ year old lotus seeds germinating.

X

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

ya i think i got some of those lotus seeds in a trade lol paul

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey X i saw your web page real nice paul

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks!

X

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.