Mother-in-law loves flowers of every color

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

so I planted her a couple of huge containers..

Thumbnail by GeorgiaJo
(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

So lush and full. Very pretty. Lucky Mother-in-law!

DFW area, TX(Zone 7b)

That is a very beautiful combination. Thanks for sharing.

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

Im with your mother in law on colors. very pretty. dixie

Acme, PA

Can you list the flowers you used, and the container size? Thankx!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Just gorgeous, I just love impatients this time of year. I see lantana and bocopia(sp?) Can't remember what the red ones at the top are, planted them at my BF's last year. Very beautiful!

Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

Very pretty. Nice combo of foilage too. You are a very sweet daughter-in-law. Barb

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh my goodness. Been away for a while and didn't realize that y'all were sending comments! I'll take another picture or two tomorrow, now that the season is coming to an end. Planters are still beautiful but a tad overgrown. Anyway, I have a tendency to buy lots of plants and mixed baskets and then move stuff around, so I'm not always sure just what I have, but those tubs (which are huge, btw...at least 20 qts of soil), have some vinca, some lantana, and something that hangs down and has tiny white flowers that originally came with a hanging basket of geraniums.. I just planted a few sprigs in the tubs and they took off. The red is plain nursery salvia, and there's a dusty miller in there as well but don't know if it shows. Also, not showing in the picture, I put some texas sage" or wild salvia or something which has a minty type of stem, foliage and growth pattern (and scent). The hummers and butterflies love it.
Anyway- I think that's pretty much all, but I'm pretty adventurous and we have lots of volunteers, so who knows...?? I'll post a late-season pix tomorrow or Saturday.
jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.