Saturday, July 29, 2006 Time For A Break

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

We came from http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/632455/

Anyone is more than welcome to start these daily threads, that is if you all like the feature.

DH will be off and running to dog shows this week-end .......... yaaaay , peace and quiet ;-)

Expecting record heat today as many of you all are. Sounds like a good day to do some cleaning in the cool basement , sorting and picking what I need to pack and what I can live without.

Geeze 23 years of saving 'stuff' just in case I may need it sure adds up to a fearsome chore when ya wanna move.

Daylily Nina Winegar var. spider
Love my spiders the best , they seem to always be in motion from even the slightest breeze ;-)

Thumbnail by scooterbug
Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

scooter, I probably missed it in another thread, where will you be moving?

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Scooter,

We shall give you a grand welcome to the Mid-South when you move here!!
I'm up with "our gang" for a few minutes, then it's back to bed for me.

Judy

Judy, I hope you did get to go back for another 40 winks.
I know how it is when all of a sudden your body screams ..........
Need More Sleep
Does not happen very often TG.

Deb, Still hunting for a place in the foothills area of S.E.TN .
Anywhere along 441 from Maryville down to the GA border staying South of Knoxville.

I finally have a couple of Realtors that will take an offer from me with a 5 day window giving me time to get down to view the property.

Already missed out on a cutie because it was snatched up immediately ;-(

Thumbnail by scooterbug
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Scoot,

Idea ...... Dmail all the DGers, both member who have joined in the last year and subscribers, in that area and tell them what you want, price range etc. and ask them to advise, help, etc.

Judy

Yeehaaa , great idea Judy ! Thanks

Didja ever think that Daves Garden is like a Swiss Army knife ?

If'n ya look hard enough ya can find another use for it ?

Ok , done being silly ........ ~~~~~

Starkville, MS

I am so DISGUSTED with myself!!!! Ya'll, I have been watering and fertilizing my Epis every two days for months. Watching for bloom stalks, muttering, watering, fertilizing, watching....... Yep, you guessed it. Today I found not 1, not 2, not 3, but FOUR spent blooms!!! HOW could I have missed them?! I have searched every one of them for more possible bloom stems - NADA! Sometimes I think I should be banned from gardening!

ginni

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

What a bummer!!!!

IT'S RAINING!!!! The good soaking kind of rain.

Judy

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Scooter,

I'm not finished going through all my STUFF yet!!! I got overwhelmed, then got the summer crud and just have not started back on it.

I don't envy you the task.

Judy

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Copy of my posting on the Weather Thread..........

"Stand back non-believers, Looky yonder there comes the rain" or some such words from a very old movie probably 1959 starring Bert Lancaster, The RainMaker, I think!!

IT'S RAINING HERE!!! Finally and it's the good soaking kind. I hope it lasts for several hours.

I ran out and threw Peter's 20-20-20 water soluble crystals in most of the flower pots. This rash action will either get washed out by too much rain, make them grow like crazy or burn them up, whichever I'm exhausted watering them and worrying about them.

I got up this morning, cooked breakfast, did a u-turn and went back to bed for two hours, got up at 11 to water the plants and hadn't been finished more than 15 minutes when the rain started. lol lol

Judy

Yipppeeeee ! Rain dance time.

I do the same thing with my MG or Peter's or what ever was on sale last ;-P

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

I have yet to use any of my MP I got at last co op. I just did spur-of-the-moment ordering. Didn't know what it was, just saw all these crazy folks ordering it and Messenger and ,not knowing what either was, just ordered MP cause it was the cheapest ! Now that is why I never need to go shopping !

You mean you can just sprinkle the stuff on the ground and do a happy dance if it is going to rain? I don't have a sprayer (my DH does but he has yet to use it for me) so my box of MP is just sitting here collecting dust. How long can it sit in those little packets and still be good?

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I read a posting in the Brug Forum by AlohaHoya where she said she did this with Miracle Gro. Of course she has sandy soil, but I thought why NOT give it a try!!!

I need to fertilize much more than I do and this will be much easier.

Judy

not making any promises ,

like Judy said

Quoting:
This rash action will either get washed out by too much rain, make them grow like crazy or burn them up

I know a few peeps that do this.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2006 7:27 PM

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

corgimom

What is MP? I did the same thing you did with the Messingers. My thumb and first two fingers on the right hand have arthritis so bad I can't use a pump action hand sprayer so I haven't used it . I sprinkled in Peter's 20-20-20 but judging from all the rain we got it probably washed out of the pots. I'm going to feed the brugs this way twice a week for the next month and see what happens. They are super heavy feeders. I'll report back.

Judy

This message was edited Jul 29, 2006 7:46 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.