Prevent dogs from pooing in your yard

Smyrna, GA

Hi all, I have the dog poo problem only perhaps worse nobody is home to witness or stop my neighbor. I live in a townhome community with no fensing and have a decent patch of garden I work on regularly. I have tried everything I can but cannot stop a nuisance of a neighbour from allowing his dog to poo in my yard. The more I complain against then the worse they get. Nobody is home during the day and by now he allows his dog to use my yard several times a day! More so to annoy me I suspect.

JanetS posted a recipe in an earlier post. If this is for real I am willing to try it out.

sms1111

Warner Robins, GA(Zone 8a)

I think it will work. I ground up dried pepper from a mexican tienda and sprinkled it around the edges of my lawn. I also scrubbed ammonia into my sidewalk. They all stay away. But it also wears off.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

It is for real according to the Jerry Baker book, worth a try...

Smyrna, GA

Thanks for the tips. Not only will I give it a try, I will also pass the recipes around.

BC, Canada

Would you mind to post the recipes here? Boz I am having the same problem too, its annoying and Thank you for your help

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

My hubby brought home an abundance of crushed red pepper from our fave pizza place and I sprinkled some of it around the front yard. I haven't seen any more dog poo from my neighbors new pup!

Susan

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Pepper will keep dogs away. I used to keep my own dogs out of things. A hard rain will wash it away though. BTW if you use bone meal in your garden you will attract dogs from miles around. They love that stuff.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.