Angel Trumpet Plants

Cleveland, TN

I am a new Datura lover/grower and need all the info my membership friends can share with me in taking proper care of my plants. I was given small plants that were started from an older plant, no blooms on them yet but they are healthy looking and growing well, in spite of the 95 -plus temperture's we are having in TN.
I also planted seed and that have been up for several weeks and now have small buds on them, however they are different looking than the purple I now have blooming. I know they are different colors, should they all be cared for the same? I fed them 20-20-20- and also plant food for blooming plants. What are some does and not's. I allow them plenty of sun, not mid day and also keep them well moist,and guarded against the wind.......what insect should I look for other than grasshoppers and slugs'/snails?
Thanks for your help!
Daff917

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

daff917, Welcome to Dave´s Garden.
Are you sure that they all are Daturas and not Brugs? Datura is called Devils Trumpet and Brugmansia is called Angel Trumpets. Dats is mostly started from seeds and not cuttings. Most but not all Dats have a purpel/ish trunk Brugs are mostly green or "corklike".
Pictures would help enormously. If it is a brug we also have a Brug forum.
Brugs are more demanding plants with water and fertiliser. Dats is more easy to please.
Dats flower point up and Brugs hang down.
Janett

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.