My Rion greenhouse is ok.

Concord, CA(Zone 9a)

I have the Rion greenhouse , the white one, and I was so worried about it warping in this hot weather 115 on Saturday. I had heard some bad reviews about this. So far so good ,it seems just fine. Thank goodness.
I got it at the end of last September so this is really my first summer. Of course this is unusally hot weather, we don't get this many days over 100 on the average.
The greenhouse stayed about 100 on Saturday with a fan and misters. So I was very pleased. I was wondering how everyone elses is doing. Most of my plants in the greenhouse seem to love it.
Linda

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Linda, I live in Livermore so we had about the same temperatures. My greenhouse is covered with the silver mesh 60% shade cloth. Even with that and two fans running and the misters, my greenhouse got up to around 120. I had hoya's hanging from high in the greenhouse that got burned along with some that we even closer to the floor. My escargot begonia got fried and it was in the shadiest part of the greenhouse. But other than that, it held up well.

Patricia

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9a)

My Rion held up well, this is my 3rd summer with it. Between 11a - 1p the temp reached 100, but didn't stay there very long. The average temp was 96 with 55% humidity. I grow hoyas and they just loved it. I have the same shade cloth as Patricia, an evaporative cooler and a misting system over the top of the greenhouse that is set to come on every hour for 5 minutes. I do have my greenhouse situated between two big trees, and it receives filtered sun most of the day.

Blessings,
Awanda

Concord, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi,
Thanks for the info. Sorry about your begonia Patricia.
I also have the aluminet (spelling?) cover. I am very interested in what you and Awanda are growing in your greenhouses. I thought AZ got alot hotter than we do, whats the temp there? Yours seems perfect for tropicals which is what I am trying to grow.
My plants outside suffered far worse than the ones in the greenhouse. Some of my burgs got pretty fried, I hope they recover. Of course to top it off our electricity was off for 2 days Monday and Tuesday.
Anyway I am relieved to hear the Rion is holding up to the heat. Patricia you are not very far from me. So we share the same temps and growing conditions.
Linda

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

Mine is holding up pretty good also. I do have the shade cover on it, and a fan going 24/7. But it has gotten up to 105* in there, I go out and spray it down inside and out and get it cooled off. I don't have a mister, but I think before next year I will be getting one. I was gone last week and don't know what the temp was.

I have 4, 7ft tall bananas in there and they are loving it. I had emptyed it up before I left for vacation, and only got the cement blocks and racks all put back in last Fri. I had it empty so I could get it all cleaned out. Getting it ready for winter.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.