Brian's Forbidden Love

Tri-Cities, WA(Zone 7b)

This plant is only about 12" tall in a pot and I'm quite surprised to see it blooming at this height. It does have a couple of other stalks that are getting taller, though.
I liked the mulit-colored, streaked flower so much I bought it without remembering to ask about such important factors as height, habit, and leaf type. :)

Thumbnail by tropicalaria
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

real nice canna paul

Tri-Cities, WA(Zone 7b)

Here is another angle, with some back-lighting. Flowers are described as highly variable, and height to 5 or 6 feet. There's a thread on here somewhere when Brian first showed this one off.
I bought this one here: http://briansbotanicals.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=52

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

yup i read that thread paul

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I had thought it was more to the pinkish apricot side of things.

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

It doesn't look like his picture ..???

Tri-Cities, WA(Zone 7b)

I would point out that those two photos were taken in the morning sun, which I believe made them more orange than normal. Also, I've found cannas variable in hue and shade any way depending on how much sun they are grown in, temperatures, and soil conditions. Finally, this is a rather variable canna to begin with and I'd expect the flowers to look different from bloom to bloom and cane to cane. Here is a different bloom, taken this morning in the shade.

Tri-Cities, WA(Zone 7b)

And here's a close up of the petal on that last one.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

that looks more like it paul

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I agree, that's better, very nice :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.