New canna

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

Here`s one I just got from a bag of rhizomes. It was a mix so not sure what kind it is but it is beautiful.

Thumbnail by gardener2005

Another further out. I also have some seedlings I`m waiting on and will post if any of them turn out nice.

Thumbnail by gardener2005
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Beautiful bloom!!! Thanks for taking the time to post.

Judy

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

What big beauties so "abundant and over the top"

Thanks! It has been a pleasure to post here and the pictures and information is great.

I think the blooms look too big for the plant. I`m amazed they don`t need staking even in bad weather they have held up nicely.

Louisville, KY

It looks to be canna rosemancole.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Is that taro planted with your cannas? I like the combination of leaves. Oh, and that bloom is gorgeous too!

Thanks for the ID! Yes,that is some kind of garden variety elephant ear so many people like to grow around here and these came from florida. They can get huge like up to six to 10 feet tall and wide. I might have to move the cannas in front so they can keep getting sun. There are some orange julius and illustris sp?elephant ears planted close just out of the picture and the purple/canary yellow/bright orange combinations really stand out. It has been fun experimenting with plantings of these hardy tropicals. We have had a great year starting new plants.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

beautiful!

Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

It looks just like my Rosemond Coles. Good call, Brian.

Steve

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

I dont think that its Rosemond cole not enough red i belive its Cleopatra look at KH site i have rosemond cole ill post a pic later paul

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

well i think i am wrong its not Cleo but i still belive its not rosemond cole

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I love the bold two-color cannas. On my wish list for sure. Those really are healthy and gorgeous!

Deb

Thank you! Whatever kind they are is fine with me. I call them MINE :) ha ha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.