The river canna

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

This canna is about 6-7' and is growing densly along the San Antonio River I thought that it was Patens.

Thumbnail by rita_sturzbeche
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

very nice, looks like a heliconia flower from a distance. If any jump in your car send one this way.. :-)

Kyle

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

are those the seeds you sent me Rita?

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes paul thats them, I can offer a bulb for SASE for those who want.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

You may regret offering that. How long are you prepared to dig? LOL I will definitely be willing to take you up on that offer.

Tammie in Odessa

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

I know , I know will just hace to pace myself , when I head down there next I will take another photo this time of the river shot.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Not a canna for the small garden

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is another

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

and another

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

Gorgeous Rita~ I would love to try one! Thanks for sharing with us!
Belinda

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

I would like one, Rita.
It almost looks like Tami Tulipa.
Alice

Collierville, TN

Hi Rita, It is so pretty. I have the space and sure would love to have one too for SASE. Thanks, Jen

Hey Rita, did you have fun digging this weekend? You had mentioned you were going to try to do some for these. Hope the mosquitoes did not eat you up. That is the one blessing of no rain here in months.. very few mosquitoes. Well, it rained a few miles away and I am sure they will take full advantage of it.

Tammie

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We haven't had rain in ages either and I swear that mosquitos know every time when I come outside. You think they would go away and pick on someone their size but nooooooo.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Getting the cannas wan't to bad I went before the mozzies were out in force, to all those that requested the cannas they are on their way, Belinda because the P/O desputed your addy I will send tomorrow.
Jen Dmail me the details and I will send Rita

My cannas arrived safe and sound. I love recycled boxes too. I have them in aerated water to help recover from being pulled away from their home. What does everyone else do when they receive cannas in the mail? I usually put them in water for a while then if I can't plant immediately, I put them into a tray of hydrated polymer gel to keep moist but with air available. any suggestions from the experienced buyers? I am brand new at this. My tallest canna right now is about 24" and I hope to get some blooms this year. They have until sometime in October or November before we get a good freeze.

Tammie

Collierville, TN

Hi Rita, please check your email. Jen

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Rita - - - sorry the P/O gave you grief about my addy.............they are sort of "backwards" around here. lol Have you received yours yet?
Belinda

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Not yet, todays seem to have been I have a package here just as I got home, probably tomorrow. Rita.

Hey Rita.. check your D-Mail. I need to send you some money for the wonderful cannas you so carefully dug up and mailed to me.

Tammie

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

Rita, what a wonderful surprise to come home to! After spending hours in treacherous traffic all day yesterday while going to the doctor's office.................I was pleasantly delighted to have your package waiting on my front porch for me! The cannas arrived in wonderful condition and I have them "recovering" in my spare bedroom (aka in-house greenhouse..lol). I hope to get them planted late this evening. I can't wait to watch them grow and bloom, yours are all so beautiful, I hope that mine will soon look like that. :-) Thank you so much for trading with me, I hope you have yours today. Have a great weekend,
Belinda :)

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Belinda happy gardening, Rita

Collierville, TN

Hi Rita, have you received my sase yet? I can't wait to receive the canna so I could plant and watch it grow! Jen

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Rita, I received your package. Thanks so much.
I hope to get this to bloom before cold so I can compare to other cannas with similar flowers.
In lieu of postage, I will send you FataMorgana. I hope this is ok.
Thanks again,
Alice

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Goodness me Alice too, too generous, did you bring Canna Zebra across from Aus I would like to order it if you have one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.