Thumbnail by rita_sturzbeche
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is one from around the pond

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

The first flowers on a much awaited confetti

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

wow i love the color! that pink is so delicate and beautiful!

kelly

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

some picks of my swamp

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

The pink on cofetti is not quite right here is another, the colour is in between the two

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is another swamp that I put mostly new and recovery cannas in and recovery Brugs in

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is a more picks of one of the swamps

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

nice pictures Rita paul

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Rita, your brugs and cannas look so lush and beautiful. The dreaded leaf rollers have attacked my cannas this week. I thought I had avoided them this year, but no such luck. I really love the Confetti. Keep me in mind when you can divide a little piece. I'm sure we can work out a trade when I've gotten rid of the monster leaf eaters. LOL

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

Absolutely beautiful Rita! I am so envious and I only hope that one day my ponds will look as lush as yours do.
Belinda

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Nice cannas and pix :-)
Alice

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks all, the big pond was made with the locally growing storm water drain plants, and a few of the locl waterlillies. I dont filter or pump the pond just needs pruning often, it maintains itself. I frequently cull the toads and take them to the river for relocation, at present there is a large population of mixed frogs serenading me in the evening.

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

your cannas are so beautiful and unique. No one around my house has cannas, so i fell like i had a 1-up on everyone, untill i came here to find everyone else has about 10-ups on me. oh well.... no one around here needs to know that ;)

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Way to go, but that changes fast the collector bug just gets under your skin and you can't get it out. Rita.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Rita where did you get your confetti ? paul

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

I got mine from Alice. I had been serching for a while, knew it back in Aust, and emailed Alice and she said that she had recently imported it. It is a good strong robust plant, my all time failur is Candt Festival , a series of losses there, and have decided that it doesn't qualify for any of my garden space.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

I've also lost Candy Festival twice. I won 2 from a Seller on Ebay last year that failed to even come up. So this year I decided to order from Van Borgondien Nursery. I ordered 2 from them that also failed to come up. When I informed them of this, I was told they were all out for the season. Shortly thereafter they sent me 2 obviously dead mushy rhizomes as replacements. I didn't even bother planting them, because I knew that it was useless. They were probably rhizomes that someone had sent back to them. The only way I would buy it again is if I could find a plant, rather than a rhizome.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

what a beautiful pink color...so sweet looking. it is definitely on the wish list. thanks for the pic.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Rita, who is Alice?
Is she a DG member or a vendor?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Alice is Alice Harris a Member and she has plants . http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ paul

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.