Stugartt Canna

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

take a look at this place the canna is in a pond paul http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/hummingbird/msg0914104226525.html?9

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Wow, what fantastic hummer pics! I've heard lots of people say they grow their stuttgarts in a pond and they do great. I may try that in a few years when I have a spot in the pond that doesn't get quite sooo much AZ sun.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I got some Stuttgarts! I just planted them and can't wait to see them growing. These are plants so I know they have the varigation. Now if we could have a little rain please, my cannas will really grow. Right now they are all about 12 to 18" tall and taking their dear sweet time. Guess they don't like a steady diet of city water.

Tammie

3 hours after the above was written,....wish slightly granted! It is raining! ever so lightly but more than we have had in many months. Just enough that it is dripping off the house. I am sure the plants will be happy with any amount they get.

This message was edited Jul 28, 2006 8:51 PM

This message was edited Jul 28, 2006 8:51 PM

Sacramento, CA

Wow wow wow! Amazing pics of the Stuttgart and the hummer. I noticed that your Stuttgarts are not burned. I am in CA and have them slightly shaded but where they hit the sun, the definitely turn brown. Anyone had luck with epsom salts to prevent burning or is this an old wives tale?

Di

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

DoctorDi63, I am sad to say those are not my Stuttgardts, it is from a member in Gardenweb. I thought everyone would like to see how tall they can get. When I had them I had to keep them in the shade or the white would burn in the hot Florida sun. paul

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.