This morning's harvest

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Got a large picking of tomatoes and cukes and a few squash. Been canning all day. Hot work but it will be worth it in the winter.

Thumbnail by roseone33
Clairton, PA(Zone 6a)

Nice lookin' maters ya got there!

Thanks ;-)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Very nice! What kind is the yellow one in the upper slight left of the black bucket? It looks quite large. And yummy!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Nice crop!

I'm almost able to start picking tomatoes!

Thanks again. The tomato is supposed to be a persimmon. Seeds were a freebee from TGS with my order. But I am sort of confused, since in the catalog, persimmon is described and bright deep orange and these tomatoes are definitly yellow, even when fully ripe. They are extremely flavorful and I'm wondering if they are a different type of tomato.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Interesting! I am growing persimmon but they are not ripe yet, and they were not freebie seeds but they were from TGS. My freebie seeds from TGS were Azoychka, which is yellow, but also not ripe yet. I would have to say that my persimmon tomatoes (which are green) are not quite the same shape as your yellow one either. Well, hopefully it will taste good in any case!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I had a Russian Crim that my cousin grew. Wow, naturally sweet! I'm definately looking for seeds next year!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.