My Garden then, and my garden now...

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

I am itching to show my garden off....not many people we know really appriciate the work we put into this city garden.....thought some of you might.....I will start with the first pics, right after we planted...

Thumbnail by houseplntjunkie
Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

here is the herb garden now....

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

OK, I am stupid.....that is not the right picture.....now the right one..

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

that was the correct pic, here is another garden

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

that was of course the before......and now the after....

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

there is an empty lot next door.....it is almost hard to make out the maters with the grass behind......and here is another before and after

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

you almost cant see the zuccini either, but it was there.....and here it is now....you cant miss it....

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

the next pic, couldnt fit it all in one this time....

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

and those maters are in cages too......just couldnt contain them....and only a couple more pics.....here is anoter before

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

the after....

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

now there are just a few pepper pics....I am so glad this one is finally turning red.....I have been waiting for weeks......

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

I think we will have plenty of jalepenos....LOL

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

and these are a new one to me this year, big red chile is the name on the tag....

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

I thank you for looking at my garden that I am so proud of......I apologize for the long grass, our lawn mower is broken and we will be getting the part to fix it in a couple of days......anyway......it has been a wonderfully green year!!!! despite the lack of rainfall in this area.......I couldnt help but throw in this cute little pic.......this was after a b-day party for dad.......little buddy loves ice cream......LOL

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

his shirt will never be the same again.....LOL

Clawson, MI(Zone 6a)

Thank you for sharing your garden with us. I personally am impressed. I do know how much work a garden is and it looks like you've put a lot into it. Because of DG I've discovered the joy and beauty of raised gardens. Yours are great. I love how you did the herb garden, I would have never thought to make those different angles, now I'm going out to see if I have some left over boards....thanks again.

P.S. they're saying rain today or tommorow. I just watered everthing so we're sure to get rain!

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Great job I love your design of your gardens,and really something to be proud of..Lol... I love chocolate ice cream too..got any left??He sure is a little cutie..I betcha he's moms little...

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

It happens every time I water too sunny........thanks for the lovely compliments......and he is definately daddys boy.......Mom is chopped liver when daddy is around......LOL

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Nice job with the raised bed, very, very nice. I envy your green grass, *sigh*
Going to make salsa with all the Jalapeno peppers? . YUM That's why I grow them, I have a killer Peach salsa recipe.

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

I do make salsa with my jalepenos........maybe I could have your recepie? I have always wanted to make a fruit salsa.....but never have....I make tomato salsa....thanks for the kind words....

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Beautiful garden! Looks like all your hard work is paying off. How do you make your salsa? I may do the same with some of my tomatoes.

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

I use TONS of peppers, sweet, hot and bell......I prefer to use cayenne, and jalepeno for those hotties......I like to use a few hungarian hot wax and sweet wax peppers in there too....basically whatever I have an abundance of(I dont grow it if I dont eat it) I usally buy the bell peppers at the farmstand.....but I use 2/3 roma tomato, and 1/3 juicy tomato.....(like a beefsteak or mountain pride) Lots of onion, garlic and a bit of salt....If it is still to juicy, I will put in a couple tbsp. of dry tapioca......It works wonders......I am sure to mince all of my peppers and onions in the food processor to save time.....but the garlic I do in a garlic press.....I cook my salsa, but have no real recepie or directions to follow.....I play with it.....and let it sit in the fridge overnight before canning it, so I can taste it cold before I go to the trouble of canning.......that is my best advice of all......If you havent tasted it, NEVER seal it in jars!!!! LOL made to many costly mistakes.....

Willis, MI

Ok, here's my before and afters

Before

Thumbnail by sixx788
Willis, MI

And after

Thumbnail by sixx788
Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

Very nice sixx....thanks for sharing.

Willis, MI

Heres a couple more pictures.

Thumbnail by sixx788
Willis, MI

One more:

Thumbnail by sixx788
Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Beautiful..you girls keep those pictures coming...

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

R U trying to make us jealous sixx? I want a pool so badly, but our yard just wont accomedate(sp?) one....our well is on one side of the house and the septic on the other. I think it is a major bummer.......thanks for the nice pics. your pool is awsome!!! So is your garden!!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Beautiful garden!!!!

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

House,
I just love it when people show before and after pictures. I know you only get to do that once ... but it is so cool!

This message was edited Sep 19, 2006 8:04 AM

Thumbnail by toofewanimals
UTICA,, MI(Zone 5b)

hello neighbor, my garden then without the new flower bed and trellis

Thumbnail by LADYTRISH7
UTICA,, MI(Zone 5b)

and know with the rainbow across my front yard, or it will be next year when the irises bloom.

Thumbnail by LADYTRISH7

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.