starting cannas from seed...now or in spring?

Phenix City, AL(Zone 8a)

i'm in zone 8a. tia - jon

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

id say depends where you live you are in zone id go ahead and start some paul

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

id say depends where you live you are in zone 8id go ahead and start some paul

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I am in 7b and just started some. I do not have to worry about the first temps below freezing until about Halloween. The first real freeze usually arrives around the middle of november and then is very short here. Then again, who knows what the weather will be this year.

Tammie

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Tammie are there a lot of German Americans in Odessa? paul

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Odessa, Tx or Odessa, MO? lol Or Odessa, Russia? lol

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Texas

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Are ya sure? i can find more!! LOL..

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Actually, Odessa is more hispanic than anything. I think they are about 60% to 70% in the schools. The more "German" area of Texas is more central in the hill country. I am in the desert. As far as starting seeds. I have 7 that started about a week ago and another 5 that I started about 2 weeks ago. I am waiting on some seeds I bought on e-bay last week and will start those too. I am soaking in very warm water and then leaving them in the water outside until I see the start of the first root. I then transfer into potting soil and keep moist. I am having about 45% germination rate within 3 days. I am definitely babying my little ones. These are my first canna plants. I am really having fun. I bought some rhyzomes of which are now beginning to really grow.

Tammie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.