Citrus Growers?

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

How are yours doing? I have 1 Meyer, 1 Improved Meyer and a Thornless Key Lime. Had buds and blooms in the spring but nothing since, and no fruit. Anyone else having any luck? Been growing these for 3 years, this is the first time for no fruit :( They are growing, look good--could it be the horrid temps?

Valdosta, GA(Zone 8b)

My calamondin came with one tiny fruit and lots of flowers. Then the stress of transplanting left it bald. Since the brief showers we've had, I've had two waves of heavy blossoms (which smelled heavenly btw) and immature fruit.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

You've gotten fruit off the key lime? Thought they were hard to grow out of the tropics? I'm planting a small orchard and would like limes but I've heard you can't grow them where I am, which is zone 8b so if you can grow them I should beable no problem. BTW I'm planting in the ground outside not container plants.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Had fruit. No sign of it this year. My lime was from Home Depot or Lowes--so you know I could have anything--however they were small. Never tried a key outside of lime pie.

Mine all overwinter in the basement with grow lites.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Mine (Improved Meyers Lemon) was from Home Depot - full of blooms and made fruit the first year. The second year I fought spider mites and had to cut it back. It was trailing along this year, not doing much until I gave it a couple of doses of Vigoro Bloom Builder and it doubled it's green but still no blooms.

Here is a pix of it's first year - I had just brought in in before frost...

Thumbnail by sterhill
Warner Robins, GA(Zone 8a)

I have a satsuma orange which produced last year but this year it hasn't sprouted any immature fruit. I don't know why, but I kind of have a feeling it was due to excessive heat and drought? When it was supposed to produce fruit, I was gone for a while and unable to water it, so it wilted just a bit.

I also have a baby mango which almost died from the drought conditions. But I revived that one. Next year I think I will get some crop insurance, what do yall think?

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i have a citrus orange i bought from walmart at the beginning of the season. it had fruits strting on it but the excessive heat wave put an end to that. it also wiped out my grapes this year too. i have one orange that is trying to bloom agian due to all the rain in the last few days but the other one still looks pretty sorry so we will see what happens.

i have always known its hard to grow fruits here but i am trying too..

Warner Robins, GA(Zone 8a)

I think the drought definately screwed things up, it will deter bees from pollinating, deprive trees from water, and scorch fruit and leaves. So I think the drought had the most part of my citrus not making any fruit.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.