Orange Canna - It's my 1st

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm so proud! First year gardener and I'm blooming!

Deborah

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Congrats! That canna looks pretty good next to the house there.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

nice Canna it looks a bit more red then orange to me tho. is that sun flowers i see or black eyed susan on the left side of the canna ? paul

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

They start off red then turn more orange as the sun fades them.
Yes those are sun flowers. They have multiple blooms on the stem. Next to them (hidden behind the brick column) are red sun flowers.
I also had a one bud bloomer that measured 13 inches across and that's after it went to seed. After I cut the flower off and cut all the branches off, I noticed that my mandevilla vine had wound itself around the stalk! Looked like the leaves and blooms of the mandevilla belonged to the sunflower. Go to Georgia Garden forum to see a picture on a thread I started.

The purple in the background is 'Black Knight' Butterfly Bush.

I'll take a pic of my yellow cannas soon. I've got some near the house and some at the pond thanks to phicks' planting instructions!

Anyone have an idea as to the name of these orange/red cannas?

Deborah

I knew those were sunflowers!! lol. Just decided to keep quiet in case I was actually wrong and couldn't tell the difference between the two. lol. Can't wait to see pics of the yellows.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i think the cannas are Orange Perfection. Pepper i thought you went out of town for a few days? paul

I came back yesterday. My grandma was not feeling well and she and my aunt instisted on following us back even though they knew how to get home. We were not happy campers yesterday morning but we came back. Besides someone has to remind you to post pics!!! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.