got'em used'em lemon cucumbers

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

I just wanted to see how others have faired with "lemon" cucmbers. I have 14 plants that are ready to go in the ground and though it is hot and they will be in the sun all day, I thought I would give them a try. I was wondering if others had experience with them. I want to harvest for pickling this fall. cold, crunchy pickles for thankgiving and X-mas.........mmmmmmmmmmm YUMMY!

If you have grown, want to grow, cooked, pickled, or done anything else with this variety Please repond?

calvin

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

I've grown them for several years. Love 'em!

Gettin ready to set some more plants out this week, too.

I've only eaten them fresh, never thought of pickling them cus they taste so good. (Would rather pickle cukes that are the more "ordinary flavored" ones.)

You'll love 'em! Pick them in the light-yellow colored stage for best flavor. They are still good when they turn a darker yellow but the rind becomes a little tougher. ( I still eat them at that stage though!) Yummy!

Shoe.

Spencer, TN

we used to grow them a lot, they were always good eatin and easy growin.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

did yall grow them up or let them sprawl on the ground? I let my reg. cucmbers sprawl and did not get a good harvest this late spring.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

I grow mine up strings/trellis. We have so many cuke beetles here it's easier for me to keep an eye on them if they are growing upwards.

Shoe.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.