My container garden for 2006

Muskegon, MI(Zone 5a)

I usually make up a coleus and sweetpotato contain every year but this year I wanted something different..not as showy but I love the color combo....Judy

Thumbnail by juttz
Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Juttz what a refreshing combination! I find it relaxing and I think there's plenty of color.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Judy, I love it! I use a lot of coleus in mine too

Thumbnail by tigerlily123
(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Juttz, I like it, I like it very much. So pretty. Love those begonias around the base of the bird bath too. Beautiful setting. Looks so lush and cool.

Muskegon, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks guys....I do love to use sweet potatos around containers and changing up the colors for the middle really adds to it...Im already thinking of what I want to do next year...thanks for sharing the pictures tigerlily....Judy

Randolph, MA(Zone 5a)

My first year experimenting with containers - you guys inspired me - so let me share a few.

Thumbnail by rose_mallow
Randolph, MA(Zone 5a)

#2 - not great with taking pictures - but I'm learning

Thumbnail by rose_mallow
Randolph, MA(Zone 5a)

#3 oops wrong photo

This message was edited Jul 29, 2006 1:47 AM

Thumbnail by rose_mallow
Phoenix, AZ

rose_mallow
I love your Persian Shield. I've tried to propagate mine. -without success. Every attempt to root in water or soil and sand has failed. I'm beginning to think that where you take the cutting is crucial. Have you attempted to propagate your Persian Shield?

Randolph, MA(Zone 5a)

#3 - I'll take better pics before Summer is over

Thumbnail by rose_mallow
Randolph, MA(Zone 5a)

No, I haven't yet. It's too beautiful not to try, don't you think. I never have luck propagating in soil of any kind, I usually have luck with root in water. I noticed that while trying to root some coleus this summer - it drove me bonkers but - as for the persian shield I will try that today and see what happens. I don't have great memory, if you don't mind dmail me by end of August to see what happens, if I have success or whatnot - if I do, I will be happy to tell you what I did.
rose

Randolph, MA(Zone 5a)

more... Christ it's the same

This message was edited Jul 29, 2006 1:57 AM

Thumbnail by rose_mallow
Phoenix, AZ

Thanks rose, I'll d-mail you in a month to see if you're able to root that baby.

Randolph, MA(Zone 5a)

ahem...

Thumbnail by rose_mallow
Randolph, MA(Zone 5a)

My last 2 - I promise...

Thumbnail by rose_mallow
Randolph, MA(Zone 5a)

last one

Thumbnail by rose_mallow
Randolph, MA(Zone 5a)

I couldn't resist this one - never seen this kind before I saw it -it's beautiful

Thumbnail by rose_mallow
Randolph, MA(Zone 5a)

The sun is on it pic didn't come out to well - drattt..

Thumbnail by rose_mallow

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.