Acid Reflux

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Forgive me if there has been another thread about this out there, I did a search for threads containing the words "acid reflux" and didn't see anything that pertained to my question.

I feel for everyone who suffers from this on a regular basis! I had no idea what it would be like until I developed it recently due to pregnancy. Currently I take several Tums a day. I tried Rolaids with no effect. I tried one night when I didn't have any medicine to swallow some honey-wheat bread but it didn't remove the burning in my throat at all! DH recommended milk when I told him I'd tried the bread.

The Tums seems to work but is a short lived solution.

Wondering if short of a prescription (pregnant, can't take much) there is anything you've tried that works better. TIA.

This thread has 22 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!