This morning's harvest

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

I have to do something with all this now.

Thumbnail by roseone33
Clairton, PA(Zone 6a)

Is that a jalapeno at the lower right?

Cucumber-dill sause for fish; fritters from the squash; heck, just slice the squash and saute it with butter and garlic and chopped onions. Now all you need is the fish and some biscuits and you've got a meal!

It's a Cherry Bomb hybrid from TGS. Now your recipe ideas sound good. What is a squash fritter?
No fish around here unless I get it frozen. You eat the bisquits and I'll eat the hush puppies.

Clairton, PA(Zone 6a)

Grate the squash into a bowl, add about one cup of bisquick or pancake mix, salt, pepper, a little red pepper if you like some heat, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, and enough milk to make a batter that is the thick side of workable. Pour an inch of oil into a skillet and heat it on medium-high. Use a ladle to add the batter to the oil -- one ladle-full equals one fritter. When the bottom is golden-brown, turn it. When it is done, put on paper towel to drain. Depending on the size of your skillet, you can probably make two or three fritters at a time. They taste wonderful and are best served hot.

Now that sounds delicious, and low fat too! :-)
I may try it later tonight. Thanks!

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Ok, so now I'm hungry!!! Looking good!

Here's my harvest for today - 3 sungolds, a Southern Night, Rose, and Jaune Negib! Which brings the count to nearly 3 dozen to date!

Thumbnail by Sequee

Sequee, that's heart breaking. But you will get some good ones eventually.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I was soooo excited when I saw that ripe Sungold - went in for the grab! ~:-(

Plenty more on their way, though! We shall overcome!

Amen, Sister!

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

If the boys don't quit talking about their wonderful recipes/cooking, I'm going to get in my car and head west. I'll stop at Herbie's first for some Italian, then hit PA, heading for cotton and kurt once I get there! Dang those fritters sound good! Since I forgot about breakfast dinner, I think I'm heading for an early supper. I picked a nice-sized 8-Ball Squash, some Cut and Come Again Lettuce, a few Supersweet 100's, and the last little baby Tatsoi leaves. At least I know the salad will be good - though one of your big tomatoes would be really nice on a platter with some basil, baby onions, and drizzled oil. Oh, my. (Soon, Janice. Soon!)

Well, don't forget to head your car south and I'll be glad to feed you as long as you want to stay!
I took a platter of sliced tomatoes with olive oil and basil to a gathering last night and they emptied the plate. Smart people!

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Yeah! It used to be, "And Janice will bring the wine."

Then I bought the house.

Then I bought a tomato plant.

Then I bought several tomatoes plants, a pepper plant, an eggplant, and a few herbs.

Now I have 2 RB's, 10 EB's, assorted pots/tubs/containers, etc.

So, now, it's "Oh, please, PLEASE! Bring one of you tomato platters!" HA! With 44 tomato plants in a one person household, I think they will be shocked at what I will bring!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.