My Endless Summer is Blooming Its Heart Out!

Council Bluffs, IA(Zone 4b)

I absolutley love this plant! I planted it this spring and it has just bloomed and bloomed - hasn't grown very much, though!

Thumbnail by hydrangea80

A huge bloom for this tiny plant!

Thumbnail by hydrangea80
Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Lovely pic! Looks better in person though. :-)

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I just bought one, having heard so many good things about it... Nice photos

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

My Endless Summer looks great, but the blooms are all under the foilage. What's up with that?

Deb

I am not sure - I have several blooms under foliago, also. Are they hiding from the heat? :)

Cedar Hill, TX

Hydrangea 80 your Endless Summer is beautiful. Have you been fertilizing it? My ES has grown, but hasn't bloomed. How much sun exposure does yours get? I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I planted my Endless summer next to an evergreen bush because they like acidic soil. I fertilize every 2-3 weeks with Miracle Grow for acid-loving plants. I have also started spraying the leaves with Messenger which has helped the entire plant grow (before all I was getting were blooms and no growth!) It gets shade all morning, some afternoon sun, and then shade again. It likes fertilizer A LOT! I also water it every day really well. My hydrangeas are my only plants that I water almost every day!

Northeast, IL(Zone 5b)

My newly planted Endless Summer hydrangeas are blooming, but the one I planted two years ago isn't. Maybe it needs fertilizer. The new ones got a soaking with Bonide Root N Grow upon planting, which must have helped. Not familiar with Messenger. Thanks for the tips, and the picture!

Here is where I learned about Messenger. I really like this stuff!
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/577362/

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Goldenberry, Hydrangea 80 is right. The Messenger really makes a difference with Hydrangeas. My sister bought me one about 6 weeks ago. And, yes it does bloom continuously, but the Messenger helps the foliage.

I also bought a veriagated Hydrangea a couple of months ago. It looked rather beat up and I was getting worried about it. I decided Messenger would not hurt it worse than it looked so I tried it. Cannot believe the difference. It not only continued blooming but the it is growing nice foliage also.

Jeanette

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.