The Geraniaceae Forum is Back

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

The Geraniaceae Forum is back after a long absence. I went back and read many of the threads posted 2001 - 2004. It seemed to me that there were quite a few subscribers from Europe who posted there. I so enjoyed seeing all the wonderful plants and the wealth of knowledge was awesome. I, for one, would really like to see all you European geraniaceae lovers posting there again. Won't you please come back and help make this forum a success?

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Oh, what good news! I, as a matter of fact, have been growing many lovely hardy geranium, thanks to seeds I received from DGers from other countries. I will definitely put the forum back on my watch list.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Thanks beaker - I didn't know. Yes Weez, back in the favourites....

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I'm having such good luck with the hardy geranium that this is especially good news to me.

Yes, I must go and have a proper look now I'm back from a little trip in the camper :)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Isn't it a bit hot in your neck of the woods for a camper trip, Philomel? You must have air conditioning or you drove Autobon speed with the windows rolled down! LOL! What sort of hardy geranium grows in your yard?

Yes, got a/c, but didn't need it in the north. Around Boulogne it was cold wet windy and grey :(

Our hardy geranium has insignificant flowers. I seem to think that it's G pusilum, but of course G pyrenaicum lives not far away. Also around, though not abundant near me, are phaeum, cinerium, pratense, sylvaticum, endressii, palustre, molle, nodosum and malviflorum. All that comes up in my garden is the weedy pusilum of course LOL

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I have a G. phaeum that is putting out some good seed, so I can send you some. Sounds like I could spend summer in Boulogne and it would feel like Seward! It has been wet and chilly here all summer. The aquilegia are pleased, but little else is.

I love phaeum, so that would be lovely ............thanks so much.
I have a little idea, but it's a secret lol........

It poured here today, so the pond was very pleased - though the guests probably weren't :O

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Apparently there was enough rain to go 'round, since it is pouring here, as well. I imagine rain is welcome there this time of year, isn't it?

Yes indeed!! Even the grass has stopped growing. That only happened in the winter in the UK. Here it carries on all winter, but gives up in the summer.

our well has gone dry, so the veggies have been suffering. They'll have enjoyed today

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.