my first cannas ever!

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

hi i am kelly and these are my first cannas ever! i received them from 2 d.g. members this spring and i just love them! i want other colors now : ) i have no idea what their names are. if anyone recognizes them i would love to know.

kelly

first one is upclose of bloom

Thumbnail by lovesdaylilies
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

picture of foilage and another smaller canna. i love the dark purple foliage on the larger one!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

nice cannas paul

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

thanks paul : )

kelly

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I too would like to know what that dark foliage one is. Forget the blooms, I want the foliage! Although, that red bloom is absolutely beautiful.

Tammie

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i know what you mean the foliage alone is so pretty but the flowers are beautiful too. i have 3 blooming at once this morning it is amazing! i will try and get a picture today.

kelly

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

That looks like a Black Knight to me. I grew them last year. Here's a link to the database. I didn't see any pics there that really looks exactly like yours, but they look exactly like mine, and when I bought them at a nursery that is how they were labeled.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/37203/index.html

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

karrie i agree it does look like mine! thanks for the link : ) this one is the closest i have seen.

kelly

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

It took some digging, but I found a couple of pics of mine that I'd taken last year. This first one is the foilage (which really looks like similar to what you posted)

Thumbnail by Karrie20x
Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Here is the 2nd one I have of the blooms - about 10 days after the first one you saw was taken. The bloom seems bright, but it was taken against white. I hope you have this one - I just love these.

Thumbnail by Karrie20x
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

how pretty karrie! it may just be a match. i will try and get more picts. today to show you.

kelly

Fuquay-Varina, NC(Zone 7b)

first year for me with canna's, "futurity" shown in flower, 50" tall.

Thumbnail by CID_SID
Fuquay-Varina, NC(Zone 7b)

newly planted "australia" these will be large 8'-10'

Thumbnail by CID_SID
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I like the way you have your cannas spread out into small groups. That design hides the AC unit and is ideal!

Deborah

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

okay here is closer view of my foliage on one in first and second pict.

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

I believe I traded you those this spring, the dark leafed are King Red Humbert and the plain green are red dazzler

I think you said I was your first trade at Dave's

The new growth is the darkest period, as they mature they get more green and if they are in the open with the sun shining thru, they are truely at their best. I have black knight too, but they aren't near as lovely as these. Glad you are enjoying them

Thumbnail by jackieshar

more pictures of the group......the blooms look red- orange but the picture is not true to color.they are more red than orange..they get to 8ft tall.

Thumbnail by jackieshar

this is the bloom om the Red Dazzler with the clear green leaf...... it will get even taller than the King Red

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

jackie yes these came from you : ) i hated to have to ask the name as i should of written it down. i am enjoying these every day! they are the only thing in my bed out front that you can see from the road. they are really an eye catcher!!!!!! thank you so so very much! you were my first trade : ) my daturas that you sent me seeds of are doing great as well. i posted some pictures in datura forum. the water iris you sent are doing okay they were doing great but our pond is really really low. this drought is awful. our pond is an inground pond is that what is called an earthen pond? thanks again jackie!!!!!!!!!!

kelly

mine too , pond that is, they will do fine once they are established

a better picture of the red bloom on the king........

Thumbnail by jackieshar

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.