A small part of my addiction

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I counted and I have at least 39 potted plants by my kitchen entrance alone. *sigh* I think this might be getting out of hand! LOL Here is a pic of the majority of them, a few were off to the left side and couldn't get them in. I think you get the general idea, tho. :>)

Thumbnail by Anna_Z
Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

But it looks soooooooooo good !!!!!!!

My sister came to visit last week and the first thing she said when she stepped onto the deck is what are you doing with all these plants nobody can see you....lol I have tomatoes along the one side and they are taller than me all in grow bags. I've got elephant ears in pots as well as some other things. Had no idea you could grow so much in containers!!

~Julie =0)

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

What's a grow bag?

It looks like a heavy duty garbage bag sorta with drain holes in the bottom. You fill them with soil and they sit (they are pleated at the bottom so they flatten out) like a pot. The material is heavy duty and they come in a variety of sizes and they are very affordable in comparison to buying pots etc... Although if you're going for a decorative look they aren't nearly as attractive as pots can be.

If I were home I'd post a pic for you to see. I have my veggies...tomatoes and peppers in grow bags, some morning glories and some dahlia's as well. I bought my bags on ebay and they are just cents a piece.

~Julie =0)

Here is the pic of my tomatoes and peppers in the grow bags.......

~Julie =0)

Thumbnail by jab91864
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Anna-- Very impressive!

What do you do with those Elephant Ears during the Wisconsin winters. I know it's not tropical up there! t.

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Anna, your house looks like a conservatory! Wow! I'm impressed.

Julie, those grow bags must work magic for you. Your peppers and tomatoes look like they're in great shape and will be highly prolific!

Judith

So far so good !! I've been picking cherry tomatoes and some peppers for the past two weeks now. It's going to be a while on the larger tomatoes though.... our season starts a bit later than a lot of folks.

~Julie =0)

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Sigh. I have one elephant ear with two leaves. nice big ones, but only 2 and a Bird of paradise that is only 18 inches tall with 5 leaves. and a small banana tree. I love your plants. I am hoping that mine get bigger!
Martha

Martha, it won't be long before yours get bigger. I was just looking at my garden from 2001, and it was pathetic compared to what it is now. Just think of all the fun you'll have turning it into the garden of your dreams!

Judith

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks Judith! I have to haul all geraniums, tropicals, etc. indoors in October. Sooner if there is to be frost. But the elephant ear and the bird of paradise should last a good long while and the banana is on its third plant so far and I have had it for 3 years. I have a 21 1/2 year old hibiscus. I just got the BOP at the NE roundup last month. I know they are pretty tough indoors so I am hopeful.
Martha

If you have a hot, sunny exposure inside your BOP should manage till next summer. Good luck!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.