Diet & Fitness Improvement Check-In

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

I am starting this thread for those who are wanting to start a new "lifestyle" starting today, no excuses or waiting till Monday. This is not only for those who need to loose weight or go on a diet, but also for those needing to gain weight, increase their strength, endurance (like me), and change their overall life style.

So I will start. Here are my stats:

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 237

The weight part was hard to list, but it is what it is. I have an extremely slow metabolism, and went through steriod treatment prior to mild chemo a few years ago. As a result of the steriods, I put on 70lb, but a combination of muscle as well as fat as I wear 14/16 womens clothes which the doctor says makes it that much harder for me as I have to lose muscle as well as fat. Also, I have to start forcing myself to eat more in order to increase my metabolism, so part of my life change will be learning to not "forget" to eat a meal. I have to eat something at least 6 times a day! This is hard for me since my metabolism is so slow, it takes a while for my body to breakdown anything I eat so I feel full for hours after I eat. Lets say I eat a spinach salad without any fatty extras, if I eat that salad at 8:00am, I'm still full by 1pm, and I'm told I need another meal in between that time frame so this will be extremely difficult for me. Everyone and anyone feel free to join in.

kanita

This thread has 158 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!